Boom! Private Stock Bernie Marsden!

Mikegarveyblues

Cream Crackered
They're out in the wild... Except they're not. Sold out!!!

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars...mited-edition-bernie-marsden-model-6-of-6.htm

1450283993_9442.jpg

Sigh...

Exporting Brazilian rosewood again??!! That's a welcome sight. Gorgeous guitar.

Does anyone know the story behind the Brazilian rosewood neck. Is that legal again, or are they old wood from before the restriction?

Does anyone know the story behind the Brazilian rosewood neck. Is that legal again, or are they old wood from before the restriction?

Not sure, but they're strictly limited. This one is 6 of 6 I think.

May be others out there with the more usual wood combos. Not sure. Hopefully PRS will release more info about these now they're 'out there'.

Looks like 58/15's in there too.

Gorgeous. Only surprised he did'nt go for the 2 piece bridge like the mac-arty (sic) he has, pretty strong validation of the wrap around

Merry xmas to you, whomever snagged one of them

Gorgeous. Only surprised he did'nt go for the 2 piece bridge like the mac-arty (sic) he has, pretty strong validation of the wrap around

Merry xmas to you, whomever snagged one of them

Yep... In an Andertons vid he talked about them possibly going with the two piece and a conventional 4 knob layout. Who knows what they have planned for the future.

Hope someone here snagged the blue or green one...

In which case...

Dibs!

My understanding:

PRS has continually offered Brazilian, and it hasn't been illegal per se as long as it's not an import or export.

CITES requires clear documentation in order to move the wood in or out of the US (and other participating countries, presumably). It sounds like CITES documentation is a pain in the arse, and thus why recent guitars with Brazilian are labelled on the headstock and sold as "USA only".

My guess is that either PRS has a limited stock of Brazilian that does have existing CITES documentation, or they've just sucked it up and went through the hassle with the very limited number of exported Bernies... Just a guess tho. Maybe they'll swap the Brazilian for Indian or mahogany and make that the PS model. Or maybe it'll just be the 6?

And is it just me, or is waiting for NAMM pretty painful? ;-)

Yep!

Looks like PRS are launching a new model at NAMM and Guitarist mag will have a review in next months mag which I should get between the 6th and 8th Jan. Birthday Issue... I'll have whatever's on the cover! ;)

Seems like a reasonable explanation.
My understanding:

PRS has continually offered Brazilian, and it hasn't been illegal per se as long as it's not an import or export.

CITES requires clear documentation in order to move the wood in or out of the US (and other participating countries, presumably). It sounds like CITES documentation is a pain in the arse, and thus why recent guitars with Brazilian are labelled on the headstock and sold as "USA only".

My guess is that either PRS has a limited stock of Brazilian that does have existing CITES documentation, or they've just sucked it up and went through the hassle with the very limited number of exported Bernies... Just a guess tho. Maybe they'll swap the Brazilian for Indian or mahogany and make that the PS model. Or maybe it'll just be the 6?

And is it just me, or is waiting for NAMM pretty painful? ;-)

Numbers 1 and 2 of six have been sold. You can view pictures of them in the Bernie Marsden Appreciation Club Group on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/66136560604/

The Peach one above (First Post) is currently for sale and is 6/6

Guitar Village have number 4 for sale in the UK.

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/prs-private-stock-limited-edition-bernie-marsden-4-of-6

Stunning... Utterly fuc@ing stunning!!!

Just missing 3 and 5. One of which is the blue one from the PSF thread. If you have pics/details please post here or let me know.

Wow, Indeed a looker. He is such a great player, and seems like a truly nice guy.

So, was the SE version discontinued? It doesn't look like it is listed anymore. Pretty surprised, as it was widely considered one of the best SE guitars available (along with the Zach model of course).

Back