Body graphics

CLHPRS

Besides the schizoid model, are there any other PRS models (across the entire line up, including PS) that don’t have a stained or flat colour body finish, but instead has a crazy graphic? Van Hallenesque, Ibanez floralesque. Something different to the PRS norm.

Your right. But I consider the whole dragon motif part of the PRS norm.

In ‘85-‘87 they had a metal edition, very collectible.

IfaWrwK.jpg

Besides the schizoid model, are there any other PRS models (across the entire line up, including PS) that don’t have a stained or flat colour body finish, but instead has a crazy graphic? Van Hallenesque, Ibanez floralesque. Something different to the PRS norm.

This looks like someone's DIY project.

maxresdefault.jpg

In the way of production guitars with graphics, the most notable are Metal Models painted by the late Bud Davis (seen in previous posts), the Ted Nugent Whackmaster, and the limited run of Tremonti Tribal models (like the one below).

i-tCJtTRF-X2.jpg

Nugent Whackmaster (below). This one belongs to our own Timmy Walls.

i-znxJdkM-X2.jpg

There are numerous '1-off' PRS guitars with opaque/painted tops. Here are just a few that come to mind.

i-DGXTnWn-X2.jpg

i-6PBhNMd-X2.jpg

i-JQrZ8Db-X2.jpg

Last edited:
I used to be a manufacturers rep for a film company. I've often wondered how a vinyl wrap would/does affect the tone. Seems like it would deaden it somewhat. I suppose it depends on the thickness of the film and the amount of the body that's covered in it. That could be the reason you don't see more guitars wrapped in it?

In the way of productions guitars with graphics, the most notable are Metal Models painted by the late Bud Davis (seen in previous posts), the Ted Nugent Whackmaster, and ).

Nugent Whackmaster (below). This one belongs to our own Timmy Walls.

i-znxJdkM-X2.jpg

I want a Custom 24-08 like THIS!

Back