Bob Ludwig Interview

WeFixFlats

Respect The Clave
Here's another one I came across that was done earlier this year...

The Mastering Master himself. Actually 'Cut' records. Just the walk into his building is something else...The wall full of records and rows of Grammy Awards. Unlike Bob Clearmountain, this Bob had formal musical(trumpet) education and mentored with the late great Phil Ramone, see:

https://www.amazon.com/Making-Recor..._1?keywords=phil+ramone&qid=1573853460&sr=8-1

I've read it, he's right up there with Jerry Wexler...anyway

The studio is full of the best of the best audio hardware on the planet. Everyone in the industry will take his call.
The monitor speaker system is powered by an array of 4000 watt(total) power supplies...Holy Crap~! Funny that he still has one of those ancient Radio Shack db Meters(I still have mine)...you can see it on the desk. And he never listens louder than ~85db too...(make a note). And the studio has an 'atomic clock' to synchronize all the digital devices...

A rare, behind the scene interview with the guy who makes the recordings sound the way they do...

Enjoy~!

He mastered my boy Jamie’s record, and the report was he was super-nice, gave the band the full tour, etc., and showed them the battery room, and of course the were in the room while Ludwig was doing his thing.

Yes, the audio gear all runs on batteries from that room, and that gets converted to AC current. Ludwig doesn’t let any outside AC line noise corrupt his audio.

I still use my ancient Radio Shack db meter to check my levels, too!

Back