Block bird inlays...yaaay!

To each their own.

If I’m lucky enough to ever order another Private Stock, the fretboard inlays will be flying saucers. When you pull up the tone knob, the flying saucers will vanish and suddenly appear in Antarctica. Push the tone knob back down, and boom! Back on the fretboard.

I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking, “Les, that’s impossible.”

Well, my friend, I have it on good authority that PRS is all about incorporating alien subatomic particle technology into their guitars, and that goes googleplex for Private Stock guitars. Why do you think they sound so good?

I’m 100% sure that if I request vanishing flying saucer decor that appears in Antarctica on a PS, it will have that.

“How will you know that the flying saucers in fact vanish to Antarctica? I mean, if a flying saucer suddenly appears in Antarctica and there’s no one to see it, does it really appear?”

“My friend, that is the miracle of alien particle physics. No one has to see it happen. We will just turn on the television and those UFO guys on the history channel will find evidence of it. I’m gonna guess they even might find evidence that these flying saucer inlays have time traveled, appeared in ancient Egypt, created the Pyramids, gave the ancient Britons plans for Stonehenge, were the source of manna from heaven during the Exodus, and explained the theory of relativity to Einstein. Because alien technology can do that. It’s, like, magic, man.”

No, thanks. Already don't like the block inlays on my LP... xD

Still waiting for a Tremonti model featuring "crows on a wire" inlays... ^^

Tippi Hedren likes absent birds.

Tippi.jpg

Had a look at some tiny 0.91" OLEDs these days. Now I wonder how hard it would be to fit some into the fretboard... would fit some dip switch-odyssey-guitars, wouldn't it?

Add some capacitive touch-features and the guitar could mute itself whenever it detects a certain song! :D

Back