Blistertone 50 Reverb Questions

David Tompkins

I'm a New To Me owner of a Blistertone 50 Head With Reverb. Amp is in great condition but there was no paperwork that came along with it although it did come with a PRS foot switch..for some reason. So my question is, is there any way to get a copy of the owners manual and or amp schematic? I've done looked for a while online but this amp has very little info about it, a couple of videos on YouTube is about it.

Welcome to the forum, David! I’m not sure about the Blistertone, except to say it’s a CAD amp (Custom Amp Designs) and some of them didn’t come with any documentation at all! I’ve never found a manual or schematic for my HX/DA amps, another CAD monster amp. There isn’t even numbers on the knobs... more encouragement to simply follow your ears and forget “settings.”

On the plus side, as odd as the lack of direction seems, they are easy amps to dial in and get great tones. It’s fairly hard to get a bad sound from them.

Hopefully, some Blistertone users will chime in here to help!

Every time I watch that video it makes me want to add a maple top Mira...
I still kick my own butt for not buying the new one that was on sale at my buddy's shop a few years ago. Beautiful blue flamed maple top Mira that played and felt GREAT, for a dozen hundred.... what a maroon I am sometimes...

I still kick my own butt for not buying the new one that was on sale at my buddy's shop a few years ago. Beautiful blue flamed maple top Mira that played and felt GREAT, for a dozen hundred.... what a maroon I am sometimes...
Was the maple topped one a special issue? The one I had was all mahogany, I believe, as are most I see for sale. I think the bit of maple would have brightened the guitar up in a good way, although it was great for full-sounding soloing. I'm going to go broke on gear purchases this year, so I better quell the search for one right now, but it sounds great in every one of those amps.

Was the maple topped one a special issue? The one I had was all mahogany, I believe, as are most I see for sale. I think the bit of maple would have brightened the guitar up in a good way, although it was great for full-sounding soloing. I'm going to go broke on gear purchases this year, so I better quell the search for one right now, but it sounds great in every one of those amps.
Yes, but I don't remember exactly what they called it. It was a core (pre-S2) and was very nice!

Mine is all hog as well, bought it used, and paid $100 less than the new flame top I passed on. Like I said, sometimes I stupid. :rolleyes:

Back