Blemish on Private Stock Top

Send. Me. The. Guitar.

All of you, send me the guitars with worm marks that bother you. I’ll take nice care of them.

“Paul, what’s this wormhole doing in my guitar?”

“Hmmm...based on a solution of the Einstein field equations, I’d say it’s linking separate points in Spacetime. More accurately, it’s a transcendental bijection of the spacetime continuum, an asymptotic projection of the Calabi–Yau manifold manifesting itself in Anti-deSitter space. The other end of the wormhole could be billions of light years away. Scientists have been looking for one of these for years...however, a simple error, even a wrong note, could trigger a rupture in the Spacetime continuum sufficient to collapse this universe, and several others. You’re going to have to send it to The Schefman Institute For The Study Of Spacetime Guitar Phenomena right away....And whatever you do, don’t wiggle that whammy bar!”

Last edited:
“Paul, what’s this wormhole doing in my guitar?”

“Hmmm...based on a solution of the Einstein field equations, I’d say it’s linking separate points in Spacetime. More accurately, it’s a transcendental bijection of the spacetime continuum, an asymptotic projection of the Calabi–Yau manifold manifesting itself in Anti-deSitter space. The other end of the wormhole could be billions of light years away. Scientists have been looking for one of these for years...however, a simple error, even a wrong note, could trigger a rupture in the Spacetime continuum sufficient to collapse this universe, and several others. You’re going to have to send it to The Schefman Institute For The Study Of Spacetime Guitar Phenomena right away....And whatever you do, don’t wiggle that whammy bar!”

Couldn’t resist this Les!

I have to admit after scrolling down to a wide shot of that freaking beauty... who the eff cares?

Paul, what’s this wormhole doing in my guitar?”

“Hmmm...based on a solution of the Einstein field equations, I’d say it’s linking separate points in Spacetime. More accurately, it’s a transcendental bijection of the spacetime continuum, an asymptotic projection of the Calabi–Yau manifold manifesting itself in Anti-deSitter space. The other end of the wormhole could be billions of light years away. Scientists have been looking for one of these for years...but a lot could go wrong. For example, a simple error could trigger a rupture in the Spacetime continuum sufficient to collapse this universe, and several others. You’re going to have to send it to The Schefman Institute For The Study Of Spacetime Guitar Phenomenons right away.”
Couldn’t resist this Les!

What’s that from? I don’t watch television.

If you did not recieve it by now, fed x must have lost it!!!!!
:eek:

tumblr_nd93omlXhm1s2wio8o1_500.gif

A FedEx shipping depot was attacked today by a crazed Harley-Davidson motorcycle rider as he broke through the main gate of the facility and began rummaging through all of parked FedEx trucks. In an effort to peacefully de-escalate the situation, police have surrounded the facility but are waiting for the crazed biker to finish doing whatever he is doing and emerge from the parking lot on his own. Stay tuned as our Muppet News helicopter is on the way to the scene right now.

Didn’t notice it til you pointed it out. No real way of seeing anything like that til the guitar is mostly built. I like natural little odd things on guitars like that.

Speaking of being OCD about meaningless little details, in the 80s I had a fairly special BMW that I both raced and entered in local car club concours events.

Yeah, I was that guy.

Anyway, one day my mother came to visit and asked me what on earth I was doing cleaning the car’s wheel wells with a brush about the size of a large toothbrush.

“I’m entering the car in a show, mom, and the judges are likely to stick a Q-tip in all the crevasses in the body panels and under the fenders trying to see if there’s any funky stuff, or if the car’s really clean.”

My mother watched for a minute or two, and then said, “Do you think you could pass that Q-tip test?”

Speaking of being OCD about meaningless little details

it's not a meaningless little detail to me. And from your story I'm sure it wouldn't be a meaningless little detail to you. That being said, I've made my peace with it so you can stop trying to gaslight me.

it's not a meaningless little detail to me. And from your story I'm sure it wouldn't be a meaningless little detail to you. That being said, I've made my peace with it so you can stop trying to gaslight me.

Shizz, I’ve got 4 PS guitars, and all of them have meaningless little markings in the wood that are just part of wood being wood. They’d probably have you crawling up the wall!

Come on, man. You have to be able to have a laugh at the futility of the search for some imaginary concept of perfection in the natural world.

Looking at my own foibles, such as trying to keep my guitars perfect, I can laugh at my futile efforts to prevent entropy. I realize I’m out of my OCD mind. It’s not a bad thing to be able to have a chuckle over one’s mental mysteries!

Last edited:
Speaking of being OCD about meaningless little details, in the 80s I had a fairly special BMW that I both raced and entered in local car club concours events.

Yeah, I was that guy.

Anyway, one day my mother came to visit and asked me what on earth I was doing cleaning the car’s wheel wells with a brush about the size of a large toothbrush.

“I’m entering the car in a show, mom, and the judges are likely to stick a Q-tip in all the crevasses in the body panels and under the fenders trying to see if there’s any funky stuff, or if the car’s really clean.”

My mother watched for a minute or two, and then said, “Do you think you could pass that Q-tip test?”

Were you one of those unusual teenagers that kept their cave clean?;)

Back