Blemish on Private Stock Top

Every piece of wood takes color differently. Furthermore, these tops are carved, so you only get to see the final appearance after carving and sanding. Billet selection is just the tip of the iceberg. There’s no telling what you would find on any other top. I think it’s part of the natural beauty that confirms how sonorous an invention can be made from a tree trunk that once only blew in the wind. Plus, no ones going to see it, dude. Especially you when you’re playing it. If it’s a museum piece, that’s one thing. If it’s a rock machine.... then rock on!!!

Oh yeah, this one's a player. The OCD in me took over a little, thanks for the reassurance.

I think you are going to find things like that on piece of Maple regardless of grade. There are and were little marks on all 5 of my PSs.

There's always a brief moment of post purchase paranoia when you spend that much on "the perfect" guitar. It's weird, right in the middle of fondling your new guitar and basking in the afterglow of your awesome acquisition that little **** shows up out of nowhere to ruin the moment. Once your attention and focus are drawn to whatever you may have been looking at when he appeared, all you see is the flaw instead of your perfect guitar. I think it's our mind's way of reminding us that perfection is a perception and that any part of a perfect picture looks like a flaw when you lose sight of the whole picture.

That's a sweet top with unique character... you chose well gwasshoppa :)

There's some other marks but this one is just right there in your face. I have another thread when I first got it with a bunch of pics, but those hide the marks for the most part. Here's a couple more:

IMG_6193.JPG

IMG_6597.JPG

That top is a knock out. That fits right in with everything else happening in that top. Forget about it. Worry more about the color fading! :eek:
;)

I see a mineral streak to the left of the tremolo. And since the one you’re referring to bears the same color, it’s most likely a mineral streak. You’re lucky. As minerals streaks go, that’s a very elegant shape!

Look carefully at this one. It’s got mineral steaks all over the top. She’s a freckled beauty! Really quite normal.
BeaHlyg.jpg

that looks natural to me. You can see a few other spots on both sides of the bookmatch that are similar, just less pronounced. I guarantee you no other person will ever notice it. It's not a flaw or a blemish as far as I can see

When you said blemish I was expecting a bubble in the clear coat or sanding marks or something. I wouldn't worry about it man

Looking at it, I can see why it would jump out at you. What jumped out at me is that it's the same color as some of the highlights just below it (towards the strap pin). If it was a drastically different color, I think it would be more bothersome.

I just can't believe no one is giving any respect to the worm, such an gentle wise creature. are you trying to say that your greed is more important than the worms life, and the mark that he left on this world.
it's probably an old zen master reincarnated spirit come back as a worm which has left a mark on the Zen guitar. And we thought a lowly worm could never achieve greatness.

oh oh oh oh boom

Back