Blackstar amplifiers

Hugo Agogo

Hi everyone.
Anybody using these. I have the Silverline Standard. Just got the FS-10 foot switch.
Amazing but complicated amp. Any tips would be greatly appreciated .

Been a big fan of Blackstar since the first HT40. Fairly bullet proof without the boutique price. Still own at 5 or 6 different ones, all tube other than a Fly and a Silverline 50.
As far as modeling amps go, the Silverline is one of the easiest to use I've tried. No menus to page through, it's all knob controlled other than a few preset buttons.
The only thing that makes it seem somewhat complicated (to me) is the tube type selection, which is an awesome feature!
But, just set it to the typical tube type for whatever amp / tone you're after and you're there...

Been a big fan of Blackstar since the first HT40. Fairly bullet proof without the boutique price. Still own at 5 or 6 different ones, all tube other than a Fly and a Silverline 50.
As far as modeling amps go, the Silverline is one of the easiest to use I've tried. No menus to page through, it's all knob controlled other than a few preset buttons.
The only thing that makes it seem somewhat complicated (to me) is the tube type selection, which is an awesome feature!
But, just set it to the typical tube type for whatever amp / tone you're after and you're there...
Yeah your right. Awesome amp.
Pick a sound and it does it.
Haven’t got my head around the foot switch yet.

I’m starting to wish I’d gone for a fender or something.
Turn a dial.

I had an HT-5 that was a lot of fun. I now use a Kemper and I don’t think there’s a single profile of a black star in my library.

Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.
Have you used the FS-10 foot switch with it.

I had an HT-5 that was a lot of fun. I now use a Kemper and I don’t think there’s a single profile of a black star in my library.
Yeah I think Blackstar just clone everything, hence why no pre sets on yours.
Great amp nonetheless. How are you getting on with the Kemper !
My brother has bought a Boss GT.

Yeah I think Blackstar just clone everything, hence why no pre sets on yours.
Great amp nonetheless. How are you getting on with the Kemper !
My brother has bought a Boss GT.

I love it. I like the ability to go from Vox to Dumble to Fender Tweed to REVV Generator with a turn of a knob :D

I have JJN 20, great amp. Blackstar makes great stuff, good luck!
Thanks buddy. I’ll spend some time with it and fathom it out.
The thing is, I’ve not had a bad sound out of it, I just got to where they are using the foot switch

I don't have the footswitch...
Your Silverline 50 is a bigger version of the 20 that I have.
You can operate everything on the amp by using the foot switch, but it’s not very user friendly.
It’s all press and hold this and that !
Then plug your laptop into it.

If I was gigging/recording with it, I'd probably buy the footswitch. But It's been quite awhile since I've done any of that.
And I've not had any reason to connect mine to a computer, so I can't comment on that either.

Back