Black tuner buttons for new CE24

Geosh

I picked up a 2019 CE24 this past weekend (it’s amazing) and I’m wanting to switch out the tuner buttons for black ones because I just like the look better than the chrome. Will the PRS ones made for the S2 line fit up properly? I thought these use the metric S2 tuners also, but wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

I would love to see pics once this mod is done, or from anyone that's already done it.

This is the only photo I could find if it helps:

8-E6469-E4-4343-40-C9-A6-FC-6-F0-F367084-A3.jpg

I'm leaning this way for my new 2019 CE Semi-Hollow; how do the plastic buttons look/feel? Or should I go for ebony?

I'm leaning this way for my new 2019 CE Semi-Hollow; how do the plastic buttons look/feel? Or should I go for ebony?

they’re solid feeling and look great. I have tone ninja ebony buttons on a Strat and they’re maybe a touch nicer looking if you’re up close - from a few feet away you wouldn’t really notice the difference.

Ebony knobs are very nice. I too chose that on my CE semi-hollow. Looks great on black head stocks. The weight difference between the metal and wood/plastic is very stark. I found mine on Stew Mac: Schaller brand (large ones, although small works too)

Looks like you used the full size buttons on yours. I did the minis on my S2 as I liked the lower profile look of the smaller knobs.

Are the PRS branded ones full size I assume? Didn’t even think of that...

Did this on my SE 245, very reasonably priced ebony buttons from a well known auction site -

Looks like you used the full size buttons on yours. I did the minis on my S2 as I liked the lower profile look of the smaller knobs.

Are the PRS branded ones full size I assume? Didn’t even think of that...

These are not PRS branded ebony buttons :oops:

(Yes, I am standing in a corner, facing the wall, until I understand the consequences of my actions)

Ebony knobs are very nice. I too chose that on my CE semi-hollow. Looks great on black head stocks. The weight difference between the metal and wood/plastic is very stark. I found mine on Stew Mac: Schaller brand (large ones, although small works too)

I was surprised at the weight difference, when I had the metal knobs in a bag and ebony buttons in another bag.

However you’re correct, when on the guitar the weight difference is negligible.

These are not PRS branded ebony buttons :oops:

(Yes, I am standing in a corner, facing the wall, until I understand the consequences of my actions)

The ones I used on my S2 weren’t PRS branded either and sadly cost me a bit more than I just bought PRS ones for... but they were smaller which was kinda cool.

Ebony always cost way more than plastic. PRS wants $15 for S2 plastic buttons. I would gladly play $12 extra for ebony over the plastic look/feel.

It’s pickup rings where pricing gets crazy high for woods!!!

I wanted large Schaller satin chrome buttons, but could only source them from Schaller in Germany (expensive shipping). So I got the smaller size (used on Stratocasters) and they work well and look good. Once I have more posts I'll add a picture.

Just got the black PRS branded knobs. They are smaller than the stock metal ones which I’m happy about. They look just like the ones I had on my Studio. I’ll post pics when I get them on.

Back