Black Iris finish on PRS Fiore...just black?

phillybri

Has anybody else seen a Fiore in the Black Iris finish in person? Am I crazy or is it just black?

When I first saw pictures there seemed to be a purple or reddish hue under the black.
An Iris is usually a purple flower.
From what I have seen the delivered guitars have been Black to the regret of some.

I figured it's a reference to O'Keeffe's painting with the guitar named after a flower.

I would've assumed purplish, but the PRS website makes it look like a black/red finish.
ok, but if I have to ask the google, it better be good? :D

I seriously don't know what color iris is, so when you asked if it just looked black I wouldn't have known what I should have expected to see. What guitar are you looking at that started this thread? I want to take a look at it.

archer-slightly.gif

It doesn't really look metallic to me. None more black...

I don't know why that's jumping out at me. I just remember a video of someone showing a new guitar in the black finish, then looking at it again and saying something about it being kinda metallic, but subtle. My first thought was it was Lettieri, but now I'm thinking it may have been PRSh. Or my memory could just be completely shot now.

ETA: I think I found the clip, but it was Paul talking about how the color shifted a bit in the light as it turned. Lettieri said it was black with some purple mixed in so it shifts colors some in different light.

Last edited:
ok, but if I have to ask the google, it better be good? :D

I seriously don't know what color iris is, so when you asked if it just looked black I wouldn't have known what I should have expected to see. What guitar are you looking at that started this thread? I want to take a look at it.
That would be a Fiore, junior!

That would be a Fiore, junior!
Ok, I realize now why you replied this way. LOL.. What I meant to say was not what guitar, I know what guitar, but what picture he was looking at that made him ask this question. I just now realized I didn't add that part to my reply. So, DOH! Let's try this again...

Yo, OP. What specific picture are you looking at that made you ask this question?

And, where is the travel sized model? Can't find any pics of it yet.

Ok, I realize now why you replied this way. LOL.. What I meant to say was not what guitar, I know what guitar, but what picture he was looking at that made him ask this question. I just now realized I didn't add that part to my reply. So, DOH! Let's try this again...

Yo, OP. What specific picture are you looking at that made you ask this question?

And, where is the travel sized model? Can't find any pics of it yet.
:D

Back