Black Friday Scores!

A few days ago I noticed a picture of a 594 with a description and price of a Custom 22 on the GC used website. I pulled the trigger and it’s on the way. Will it be a case of the wrong picture on the website and I’ll get a custom 22? Or a hella deal on a 594? I find out Tuesday.

I saw that listing too and almost jumped on it. If what you receive matches the photo, you got a great deal.

Please report back on what shows up.

Last edited:
I got 25% off of a bunch of makeup (Thank you Macy’s), $40 off of a new R8 Roll Recovery roller for my legs (gotta keep the muscles happy), a really cool ‘that pedal show’ tshirt, a Holosun red dot optic for my H&K, and a new Musikraft Strat neck (okay so I don’t have the neck yet but I can almost feel it through the computer screen).

Now I’m broke.

I got 25% off of a bunch of makeup (Thank you Macy’s), $40 off of a new R8 Roll Recovery roller for my legs (gotta keep the muscles happy), a really cool ‘that pedal show’ tshirt, a Holosun red dot optic for my H&K, and a new Musikraft Strat neck (okay so I don’t have the neck yet but I can almost feel it through the computer screen).

Now I’m broke.
Always great to be broke after saving money... erm... I think... or something...:p

Now I’m broke.

Show off!

Now I’m broke.

Dig it.

ChopTones had a 40% off for Black Friday, so I got the Metal Pack Vol 3 and the Rock Pack Vol 1 for my new (used) Headrush Gigboard I got at the beginning of November. I am liking my new rig!

I saw a craigslist ad for a 2 month old Katana 100 mkii for $200. I thought it’d be long gone, but I responded to the ad anyway. Turns out I was the second to respond, and the first guy wasn’t able to get there until the next day. I went, checked it out, and am such a wheeler dealer that I told the seller that the price was too good for me to haggle. So he gave me another $20 off!

That was Friday. I’ve been having an absolute ball playing my PRS SE Tremonti thru it and checking out the different tones and effects. It’s quite an upgrade from my Fender Champion 20 (another Craigslist score for $20.) My brother’s coming by later this morning to check it out — probably going to have to wait until next weekend to put up the Christmas tree!

I'd been on the fence about getting a set of 57/08 for the orange 25th a. custom 22 Artist. It has Dragon II, with gold covers. That guitar just has too much gold, and I have another CU 22 with D2s in it.

Mann was having a 20% off sale, which pushed me over the edge. The finish also says 'brushed nickel', which I really hope is true, I think the ones at the PRS site are shiny shiny.

Either way, excited to swap out some pups (and reduce the gold footprint in the orange monster)!

If you’re in the Chicago area, and are a beer fan, you know what a big deal Goose Island Bourbon Barrel Stout is; I snagged a Vintage box set of their last 3 years releases. If you’re not familiar, it’s a once a year release with a two bottle or two 4 pack limited purchaser. Folks camp out for it, and the lines are ridiculous. A couple of these result in a great afternoon nap....14-16% ABV

I got 6 floury rolls and 6 Aberdeen butteries, I asked the lady behind the counter if I was getting the “Black Friday” discount. She just laughed!

At least the homemade beef Madras was tasty tonight!

Hang on, isn’t this a musical instrument forum?:oops:

God Butteries are good. I had some a million years ago when I visited a friend in St Andrews they had so much butter they stained the paper bag. Awesome with ginger marmalade.

Back