Birds On Paul's Guitar

AZGiant

Is it just me or is it hard to get past the look of the birds on Paul's Guitar? They look like something you would find on a cave wall. Am sure the guitar is still amazing, but man I am having a hard time getting past that look.

I, personally, like the look of the brushstroke birds. I've seen two variants....one's that fit between the frets like the usual birds, and the over-sized ones that will stretch into other frets than the "designated" fret.

I like the look of both.

Nah, I never had an issue with the brushstroke birds. I think they - along with the two narrow 408s - give the Paul's Guitar a unique flavor. It IS a signature guitar. It's kind of like when the original JEM came out - I remember a lot of people going back-n-forth on the "disappearing pyramid" inlays. People HATED that they were "construction paper' under plastic (which I do not know if that's true or not). It's just a part of the model. My Paul's has the oversized birds and I think they are awesome.

It does take time to grow on you, but here’s the thing. If came across a magic guitar, I would grab it regardless whether it was brushstroke, backstroke, heatstroke or different strokes birds.

They are a seriously good guitar, and while I don't like the brushtroke birds myself, I wouldn't let that stop me if I otherwise liked the guitar.

(Now fortunately, there are some surprises out there, so keep your eyes peeled! You never know what you might find. I pounced on this one):

ready.png

Back