Bigsby on a Mira?

CM Harris

I love my S2 Mira Semihollow, but really miss the tremolo on my Strat. Anyone think having a Bigsby installed on a Mira is problematic?

Bigsbys have a great feel to them but i find them problematic,very hard to keep in tune with a tunomatic.Perhaps a roller ridge works.Too risky for such a cool guitar.Go check some bigsby equipped guitars first.I find the B3s or B7s tension roller is the biggest problem.Too much angle behind the tunomatic on a Les Paul for example.The B6 without the tension roller used on Many Gretsch models I think works best.

Thanks. Maybe not on this guitar then.

Yeah, it looks like PRS might recommend the Floyd Rose style, which probably comes with its own set of drawbacks I suppose.

Well, the Starla comes with a Bigsby. So presumably it should work for an S2 Mira, assuming there is enough "flat terrain" beyond the normal bridge location - which looks like it might not be quite expansive enough to mount exactly like the Starla, but maybe it could be pushed up a smidge to fit (comparing product photos on PRS main site).

I don't use the Bigsby on my Core Starla a huge amount, but I haven't noticed it messing up the tuning if I get it dialed in right to begin with.

I'll often mess with it a little right after tuning and then re-check the tuning, but if it's good at that point then it doesn't seem to be a problem for me.

Back