Big News from UK

Congrats! How does this differ from becoming a factory direct operation other than absorbing an already created staff?

Hopefully postage on PRS merchandise will be a bit more realistic within Europe than it is from US...I got a quote of $50 dollars for a t shirt once:vroam:
On the subject of T Shirts etc..its not something I see a lot of round these parts...I could be looking in the wrong places mind you!

Hopefully postage on PRS merchandise will be a bit more realistic within Europe than it is from US...I got a quote of $50 dollars for a t shirt once:vroam:
On the subject of T Shirts etc..its not something I see a lot of round these parts...I could be looking in the wrong places mind you!

Oh, I hope so too! A Euro Merch store based in the UK would be awesome! I too balked at the quote for shipping on the American store when I was gonna buy some stuff. Needles to say, I didn't bother!

Oh, I hope so too! A Euro Merch store based in the UK would be awesome! I too balked at the quote for shipping on the American store when I was gonna buy some stuff. Needles to say, I didn't bother!

I think PRS have missed a trick here as T Shirts, Pick Ups, Cases, Other replacement parts would sell very well, IMHO...I only see a very limited amount of "Official" PRS gear...I'd love a Paisley Case for my Custom 24!!

I think PRS have missed a trick here as T Shirts, Pick Ups, Cases, Other replacement parts would sell very well, IMHO...I only see a very limited amount of "Official" PRS gear...I'd love a Paisley Case for my Custom 24!!

I was quoted for a paisley case in the UK just contact a dealer
I thought the price was reasonable!

This is great news headline are great guys and I'm sure that being part of PRS can only lead to bigger things

Without the necessity of a healthy distributor markup I wonder if prices will come down a bit to bring them a bit closer to US pricing...

In fact, I would almost expect it as it still seems like the UK is slightly saturated at the moment if you look at dealer inventories...

I've asked both Headline and PRS directly in the past to consider a European PTC equivalent. Really hope that comes to pass.

As far as shipping costs from the US, it's a third-party company, not PRS, but they are indeed still way too high and not representative of reality at all! The shipping appears to be marked up heavily to discourage us as the company doing it doesn't want to do the paperwork involved. But PRS should take note of that...

Wish PRS had a European / Uk PTC...

Although nothing is written in stone, I see a PTC Europe happening in the future. Probably only for electronics work, set ups and pickup swaps. I don't see a spray booth being installed any time in the near future. The cost of the booths and equipment are cost prohibitive if it's only to be used for repairs and refins.

Although nothing is written in stone, I see a PTC Europe happening in the future. Probably only for electronics work, set ups and pickup swaps. I don't see a spray booth being installed any time in the near future. The cost of the booths and equipment are cost prohibitive if it's only to be used for repairs and refins.

Sounds cool... Certainly give my custom if that comes into being!

I'm in! :top:

Without the necessity of a healthy distributor markup I wonder if prices will come down a bit to bring them a bit closer to US pricing...

Yes, Gavin was fond of his solid gold back-scratchers :) I suspect Headline's markup was not that healthy :)

I'd be one of he first to have some PRSi tweaked by the European PTC! Please make it happen...

They were great when I spoke to them earlier this week befor paying out for my Angelus made me feel confident to buy online without playtesting. (something which I never do with guitars and gear)

Wish PRS had a European / Uk PTC...

+1000

Because even a decent string nut replacement seems an impossible task for most so called "luthiers" overhere :-(
It's hard to believe but three really big names overhere in Germany already failed on my SCT :-(

Maybe you could convince Nik Huber to do repairwork for PRS again (as he once did).

Back