Big Deal

$1400 :eek: And to think that we were THISCLOSE to being best friends!

I was young and needed the money! OK, I was in my 40's and a stay-home dad for a few years, so I just felt guilty having nice stuff. I ended up purging my rack, cab, pedals and all but one guitar. Now that my kids are in school and I'm a vital member of the workforce again, it's been go-time for a little while now but trying to show some restraint. The key word is "trying". My wife just gave me the OK to start building a new rack, so the 80s are coming back, baby!

I was young and needed the money! OK, I was in my 40's and a stay-home dad for a few years, so I just felt guilty having nice stuff. I ended up purging my rack, cab, pedals and all but one guitar. Now that my kids are in school and I'm a vital member of the workforce again, it's been go-time for a little while now but trying to show some restraint. The key word is "trying". My wife just gave me the OK to start building a new rack, so the 80s are coming back, baby!
Long live the 80s. Dilly dilly!

So you’re saying I have to play this tonight
CK_193SpaltBodyDarkAAA.JPG

I’d tap that!;)

Got an '09 core Starla for $350. Not a once-in-a-lifetime score like some on this thread, still a great deal. I think they might've thought it was a Starla X since it's a stoptail. I actually prefer it that way - have no love for Bigsbys. I got a Les Trem for it but wound up using that on one of my Firebirds.

Bought a very pretty DGT 10-top in nice shape for $1995, a fairly good price IMO. It's become my second-favorite PRS, after my beloved '87.

Got an '09 core Starla for $350. Not a once-in-a-lifetime score like some on this thread, still a great deal. I think they might've thought it was a Starla X since it's a stoptail. I actually prefer it that way - have no love for Bigsbys. I got a Les Trem for it but wound up using that on one of my Firebirds.

Bought a very pretty DGT 10-top in nice shape for $1995, a fairly good price IMO. It's become my second-favorite PRS, after my beloved '87.

$350?!?!!! That’s a Big Deal!!!

Bought the 86 Yellow Custom at the local guitar center for 3800 out the door.
When they were silly expensive. They had an 87 and 88 on the wall next to it for much more.
Sub 1000 on the serial #. Usually yellow 86 customs like this were going 10-11K at the time.

Friend owns it now, hope he still does. He has the blue Standard I miss too.

I'm not sure I've ever gotten a mind blowing deal on a PRS although I have on a couple of vintage Fenders. In the last 10 years I bought a 56 Strat with a 59 neck for $1k and a 61 Strat for $1250. Hard to beat those deals but I'll keep trying.

Well I'm not like a lot of guys here who buy new guitars.

I'm always on the lookout for the best guitar I can get for the best price.

I only own 3 nice PRS guitars.

1 - '88 PRS Goldtop "Special"
1- '09 PRS DGT 10-Top
1- '95 PRS Purple Custom 24 10-Top

All 3 are amazing guitars, but the '95 I scored for an amazing price at a local pawnshop for $1000 out the door.

The crazy thing is it's in amazing shape AND the Purple color hasn't faded one bit.

I really lucked out scoring this beauty.

32125300807_6f4ee69db5_b.jpg

46160637945_a0c894b2a4_b.jpg

I'm not sure I've ever gotten a mind blowing deal on a PRS although I have on a couple of vintage Fenders. In the last 10 years I bought a 56 Strat with a 59 neck for $1k and a 61 Strat for $1250. Hard to beat those deals but I'll keep trying.
AMAZING deals!!

Back