Big Deal

Of course there are added benefits to keeping them cased - all of which I take into consideration. With people no longer wanting to change a CD disk, want every thing digital so it can be accessed anywhere and anytime without having to stand-up, a guitar in a case can't be played because that involves getting up and taking a guitar out of a case instead of just grabbing one from the wall or floor stand...

We just keep our whole house at 45%!

Excellent!

Michigan only has two seasons; Winter and Road Repair. Winter’s 10% -15% RH, Road Repair’s 70% (called Summer elsewhere). For reference, the Sahara Desert is 25% RH!

I have a whole house humidifier that’s supposed to be a good one, but I’m lucky if I can eke 25% RH in winter; so, yeah, Sahara Desert.

I used to have to use an Air-O-Swiss steam humidifier where the guitars were to bring it up to maybe 35%, the point at which the windows condensed water and either frosted up or dribbled water on days the frost melted. It was a mess.

The humidipaks, however, have made guitar care so much simpler. They release moisture in winter, and absorb it in summer.

Only one guitar has needed a setup in the 5 years I’ve been using them, and I wanted a little bit lower action on that one from day one. So I figure that’s a good outcome.

With people no longer wanting to change a CD disk, want every thing digital so it can be accessed anywhere and anytime without having to stand-up, a guitar in a case can't be played because that involves getting up and taking a guitar out of a case instead of just grabbing one from the wall or floor stand...

So true.

Yet opening a case and taking the guitar out takes what; five seconds, max?

I’ve never been able to cash in on killer deal. I missed out on a core Cocobolo Tonare Grand for under $2500. :(

I feel you. I missed out on a '97 McCarty Archtop a couple of weeks ago. It was in killer shape, and listed at $2,495. Decided to sleep on it, and see how I felt the following morning. When I went to buy it at 6:00 AM, it was gone. :(

I think I did pretty good on this Solana Burst 2009 DGT with an Artist top, Sipo back and BRW fretboard for less than $2,300.

It looks a little "bursty" inside, but not so much outside.

GX6AD2Q.jpg

ezZYXrw.jpg

vw6ktc4.jpg

eUTA8uX.jpg

I think I did pretty good on this Solana Burst 2009 DGT with an Artist top, Sipo back and BRW fretboard for less than $2,300.

It looks a little "bursty" inside, but not so much outside.

GX6AD2Q.jpg

ezZYXrw.jpg

vw6ktc4.jpg

eUTA8uX.jpg

Holy mother of DGTs! What a stunner! You got it for whahhh..?! :eek:
So, what kinda weapon did ya use to on the guy you robbed!?? C'mon man! spill!​

Back