Better order your PS with swamp ash

I'm glad I have a couple of swamp ash based PRSi - a SAS and my WL509. Plus a Korean made Squier Tele that is swamp ash.

I should get more PRSi with swamp ash bodies, but I think I should get a lot more PRSi in general...and my bank account and credit card disagree.

That's so sad. A friend of mine had this guitar custom made for him about a year ago. I tried it out, really liked it and decided I'd start saving up to have one made for me too. Then the pandemic hit and turned my financial world upside down.

In my area and neighborhood (NJ) there are dead ash trees everywhere. Some neighbors were unlucky to have 4-6 huge ash trees in their yard, at $1200/tree for removal. I do think of the guitars when I walk the dog, very sad.

In my area and neighborhood (NJ) there are dead ash trees everywhere. Some neighbors were unlucky to have 4-6 huge ash trees in their yard, at $1200/tree for removal. I do think of the guitars when I walk the dog, very sad.

Sad times :(

We’ve got 6 huge ones and a bunch of smaller ones just waiting for a strong wind to knock them down. None are close enough to hit the house.

That sucks. I love the look of ash. I’d love a semi hollow special, ash back, maple neck. Unfortunately it’s a few guitars down on the to buy list.

So now the BS "climate change" hoax is being used to scare guitar players? :rolleyes: Funny how these morons claim to be able to change the temperature of the earth if we would only pay them more taxes.

Reactions: Roy

We’ve got 6 huge ones and a bunch of smaller ones just waiting for a strong wind to knock them down. None are close enough to hit the house.

My power service provider has 3 earmarked in my front yard to take down at their expense. That's the good news. The bad news is they won't cut the logs into manageable firewood size nor will they haul the wood away. So, that is up to me, and there is so much ash around that nobody will come and haul away the firewood, unless I pay them.

The good thing (if there is such a thing) about ash is that it tends to fall down in pieces. Therefore, for the most part, there isn't much danger of it falling onto your house unless it's right on top of it or there is a really strong wind.

Back