Best worst gig!

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
So we were asked by one of the biggest booking production companies to open for Buckcherry yesterday. Great opportunity for us as a band and also to play a venue we haven’t played. We’re thankful for the opportunity.

We were slotted 2nd on the 4 band bill. All bands were supposed to get a sound check. There were some issues with a grounding problem for all the guitar players on my side of the stage. Things got behind schedule. We decided to just go on the fly to keep everything on schedule and skip our sound check. We get set up and I have no signal or sound for my guitar. I use a good size pedalboard and a decent amount of effects on certain parts. Short set and no time to troubleshoot, I just decided to plug straight into the MT15 and go completely dry. Besides the massive ground hum while not playing, I’m good to go. I had no monitors and could only hear myself and our drummer and whatever vocals were coming out of the FOH, sort of. I play a lot of start/stop rhythm parts so the ground issues were tough to silence myself in between. Felt like an ok performance but like I said, couldn’t hear much.

By the crowd reaction, we must’ve sounded good. The place was packed and they were loud. It made a show that otherwise was horrible a great time. So despite all the issues on my side of the stage, I was into it and it was a lot fun.

As far as my pedalboard, it works perfectly fine back at the practice spot. Best I can guess was someone else had the same wireless on the same channel as me and it blocked my signal? I didn’t think to try changing channels on the wireless.
Here’s a few pics:
NtkEKAT.jpg

a6TfNaF.jpg

hlpERBb.jpg

Way to make the best of it!!!

I’ve been there... we had a big gig and my pedalboard had a short, as well as the wireless IEM’s provided by the pro stage/sound crew also either having a short, or one channel of the stereo mix getting interference, whatever the case I only had one “side” and it wasn’t what I needed.

Glad you had the MT15, I was using pedals into a clean amp at the time and it was a nightmare. At least now I can do the same!

Nice one V, sounds like a nightmare scenario that you made a good night out of!

Well done forum brother.

Way to play thru the equipment problems, rock on!

A couple of good looking guitars up there.

You practice and practice to get the music right and know your parts. The band is ready.

Then its time to play out and a million other things get in the way.

As a perfectionist I am trying to eliminate as many variables as possible but there's always something popping up by surprise!

Back