Best way to store PRS?

Probably.
Haha...

What I have found has been the absolute best way to store guitars is in the case with case standing straight up against an inside wall or closet away from windows or outside walls. Ideal environment would be 72 degrees Fahrenheit with 45% relative humidity. There are many ways you can accomplish this.

Haha...

What I have found has been the absolute best way to store guitars is in the case with case standing straight up against an inside wall or closet away from windows or outside walls. Ideal environment would be 72 degrees Fahrenheit with 45% relative humidity. There are many ways you can accomplish this.

This is SO right on. Steve, you’re my hero of the day!

I've also heard in the case upright on an inside wall of a climate controlled room.

But taking a guitar in and out of a gig bag or case is dangerous, with those zippers and latches and whatnot. Therefore I keep mine safely hung on the wall. :p

In it’s hard case flat on the floor, is my method. Works for me as I only have one guitar! My Lowden stays upright in its case.

Haha...

This is SO right on. Steve, you’re my hero of the day!

Do they not end up with a “saggy” bottom with this method of storage? ;)

Mine are on top of old plastic milk crates. (The ORIGINAL amp riser!!!!!)

Hah! In my day, I had to carry my combo organ, amps, and key bass ten miles uphill with a stack of the milk crates (metal, not plastic!) my band trucked most of our miscellaneous gear around in. We didn’t even have shoes (maybe ‘cause we were hippies)!

There were no “pedalboards” or “gig bags” - you’d take your pedals (a fuzz and a wah) out of the milk crate, hope you could untangle the cable rat’s nest so you could hook ‘em up, put ‘em on the floor, and go.

You kids have it so easy today with all of these newfangled accoutrements, like pedalboards, nylon carryalls, racks on wheels, and transportation conveyances!

Now where did I put my teeth... ;)

Last edited:
Hah! In my day, I had to carry my combo organ, amps, and key bass ten miles uphill with a stack of the milk crates (metal, not plastic!) my band trucked most of our miscellaneous gear around in. We didn’t even have shoes (maybe ‘cause we were hippies)!

There were no “pedalboards” or “gig bags” - you’d take your pedals (a fuzz and a wah) out of the milk crate, hope you could untangle the cable rat’s nest so you could hook ‘em up, put ‘em on the floor, and go.

You kids have it so easy today with all of these newfangled accoutrements, like pedalboards, nylon carryalls, racks on wheels, and transportation conveyances!

Now where did I put my teeth... ;)

You never had rats nest of cables, not with your level of organisation (ahem, cough, cough)

Milk crates...man, that’s the real truth! In fact, our vocalist still packs all of his cables and stuff in 2 crates. I think you make the jump to proper cases once you make the jump to more expensive stuff.

Back