Best value PRS for 1000-1500

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by johnnymansions, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Rider1260

Rider1260 New Member

The question is are you OK with a 10" radius "most" PRS are 10" radius
    There are some Santanas with a 11.5 " radius and a SE Mark Holcomb with a 20" radius if you are a flatter radius guy.
    S2s are great bang for the $$$ guitars love my Vela the S2 Studio is on my radar.
    In your range look for a Core Mira anything S2 and possibly CU22s and McCartys

CVS and dogrocketp like this.
  2. 11top

11top Cousin Eddie's cousin

I'm late to the party. My new S2 Starla is one nice guitar. For a new guitar, it's a great value. And just for the (shameless) sake of showing it off one more time: :oops:

[​IMG]

fender1punk, tyfu20, vchizzle and 9 others like this.
  3. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Feed & Seed

This one is OK. Though I really am not sure why it appeals to me. Found it at a good price and am making only minor pickup swap adjustments to the original guitar.

[​IMG]

4. Big Mike

Big Mike This space for rent

This. I was recently looking in the same price range (expanded my budget when a specific guitar came available) and there's lots of stuff in the 1500 range, including customs, McCarties and CE's.

I'd go McCarty or Custom myself, but CE's are underappreciated at times, and very tuneful..with a little more top end snap due to the maple neck

Being a Neal Schon junkie myself, and you mentioning Billy Duffy...I'd think a McCarty would be the way to go. 12-1500 all day long.

bodia and Beery Swine like this.
  5. Beery Swine

Beery Swine New Member

For 1k-1.5k, I think the best value you can get (and I'm biased in this because it's what I did) is a used McCarty from the mid-aughts.

6. Victek

Victek New Member

I had a quick look on Reverb and couldn't find any McCartys in that price range. Out of curiosity could you link to a few? ;)

7. Bowtiefanatc

Bowtiefanatc #NeverGibson

There’s lots of good opportunities in that price range. Sergio I think said a lot of great options.

I recently picked up a great CE-24 for under $1000. It’s a great guitar for the $$

8. CVS

CVS Not so new member

I like the S2 Studio - If you want a blend of single coil and humbucker
    [​IMG]

9. danktat

danktat Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist

I got this within that price range. Couldn't find any flaws except for then nut was little loose at the low E string.....and some polishing was needed on the hardware. The trick is to surf around the sites. Ebay, Reverb, Craigslist, etc......something WILL pop up if you are patient in your range that you must buy. But if you rush into needing something NOW, you'll get taken to the cleaners.

[​IMG]

Mozzi, grausch, vchizzle and 3 others like this.
  10. Eddie kim

Eddie kim New Member

Anything S2.....

dogrocketp and dmatthews like this.
  11. Antmax

Antmax New Member

There's a whole bunch of used S2's at Dave's Guitar shop for under $900 a CE for $1250 and a natural finish USA 97 Custom 22 for $1350

12. tyfu20

tyfu20 New Member

Luckily grabbed my S2 Singlecut Semi-Hollow just under a G on Reverb, also love my S2 Singlecut Satin. Happy hunting!