Best value PRS for 1000-1500

The question is are you OK with a 10" radius "most" PRS are 10" radius
There are some Santanas with a 11.5 " radius and a SE Mark Holcomb with a 20" radius if you are a flatter radius guy.
S2s are great bang for the $$$ guitars love my Vela the S2 Studio is on my radar.
In your range look for a Core Mira anything S2 and possibly CU22s and McCartys

This one is OK. Though I really am not sure why it appeals to me. Found it at a good price and am making only minor pickup swap adjustments to the original guitar.

Kur4mzx.jpg

$1500 can buy a lot of used PRS. Old CE’s, SAS’s, EG’s, DC3’s, 305’s,Standard’s, Customs, McCarty’s....

I’d probably nail down what guitar I wanted first, and then start shopping for one in your price range. Now’s the time to buy!

This. I was recently looking in the same price range (expanded my budget when a specific guitar came available) and there's lots of stuff in the 1500 range, including customs, McCarties and CE's.

I'd go McCarty or Custom myself, but CE's are underappreciated at times, and very tuneful..with a little more top end snap due to the maple neck

Being a Neal Schon junkie myself, and you mentioning Billy Duffy...I'd think a McCarty would be the way to go. 12-1500 all day long.

For 1k-1.5k, I think the best value you can get (and I'm biased in this because it's what I did) is a used McCarty from the mid-aughts.

I'd think a McCarty would be the way to go. 12-1500 all day long.

I had a quick look on Reverb and couldn't find any McCartys in that price range. Out of curiosity could you link to a few? ;)

There’s lots of good opportunities in that price range. Sergio I think said a lot of great options.

I recently picked up a great CE-24 for under $1000. It’s a great guitar for the $$

I got this within that price range. Couldn't find any flaws except for then nut was little loose at the low E string.....and some polishing was needed on the hardware. The trick is to surf around the sites. Ebay, Reverb, Craigslist, etc......something WILL pop up if you are patient in your range that you must buy. But if you rush into needing something NOW, you'll get taken to the cleaners.

50307070_10161283889550331_203606433655160832_n.jpg

Luckily grabbed my S2 Singlecut Semi-Hollow just under a G on Reverb, also love my S2 Singlecut Satin. Happy hunting!

Back