Best three minutes in a movie

cwhenke

Carvin Striations
There are lots of great movies out there, but my wife and I had a conversation about the best parts of movies. Mine came down to the dinner scene in Eddie Murphy's version of The Nutty Professor or the "You can't handle the truth" part of A Few Good Men.

I'm sure there are dozens, if not hundreds, of other examples out there. So, what do you think is the best three minutes of film?

Oh, and no spoiler alerts!

The part in Memento when they reveal what was actually going on (Didn't want to give away spoilers. You are just going to have to watch the movie).

The opening scene from Apocalypse Now. The jungle is seen from a distance, you see glimpses of Huey helicopters cutting through the air as the eerie sitar-esque opening notes begin to ring out. Just as the first line is sung "This is the end...", the jungle erupts in a Napalm blaze. Cinematic genius IMH

Last edited by a moderator:
Nigel Tufnel showing off his guitars and special amp in Spinal Tap.

Phoebe Cates coming out of the pool in Fast Times At Ridgemont High...

anything in Caddyshack..."hey whitey, where's your hat?!?"...

the punishment skating scene in Miracle..."AGAIN!"

Phoebe Cates coming out of the pool in Fast Times At Ridgemont High...

I'll have to think about this, but the Phoebe Cates scene is going to be hard to beat....

Maybe Slim Pickins going through the survival kit contents in Dr. Strangelove.

Last edited:
The train scene in Risky Business, with the Tangerine Dream soundtrack, was always a favorite.

Or the part where Capt Willard asks the guy with the the grenade launcher..."Hey soldier...do you know who's in command here?... The soldier says...Yeh....

Back