Best team in the NFL

Jester

Who do you think is the best team in the NFL this season?

Records as of this morning:

Atlanta 11-1
Houston 11-1
Denver 10-3
New England 9-3
Baltimore 9-3
San Francisco 8-3-1
Green Bay 8-4
Chicago 8-4
Indianapolis 8-4

Houston at 11-1 has yet to get hot this season. They are going into a monster Monday Night game at New England. They usually wilt on the national stage, so a win here would be a huge statement. On to New Orelans!

I'm leaning toward Houston right now. That MNF game will be real interesting. You can thank my state for JJ Watt - that guy is a one mane wrecking crew. I wish the Pack would've traded up for him.

I don't know about the best, but I can tell you which team has the best LUCK. :biggrin:

Texans and Colts play twice in the last three weeks of the season. I turns out it won't be the cream-puff ending we were expecting earlier in the season. That first one at Indy should be especially interesting.

The finest and most selfless team in the NFL is the Detroit Lions. Yes, I know what you're thinking.

But hear me out.

They dominated the NFL in the 50s and then were sold to William Clay Ford, whose claim to fame is that he inherited a lot of money. But Ford had a lot of civic pride. He loved Detroit.

People think the Lions' losing was mere incompetence. No, my friends, it was not. There was thinking behind this. You see, Detroit was like many other cities in the 1950s, only cleaner, nicer, and less crowded. It occurred to the forward-thinking city fathers that in time, a population explosion would destroy these qualities in Detroit. They wanted to avoid it. So they decided to discourage growth, and encourage people to leave. How could they best accomplish this?

Well, there was this football team that the city loved, and a civic-minded owner. So the city fathers approached Mr. Ford. "Could you take the team out of the city, Mr. Ford, and make them play in a big domed stadium in the far suburbs? Maybe we can slow population growth in the city that way?"

"Sure, said Mr. Ford. I'll do that." And quick as you can imagine, Mr. Ford set up a barren concrete monstrosity of a stadium far from the city.

"Can you make the team play less well, so that people will be less enthusiastic about visiting Detroit and messing it up," said the city fathers? And sure enough, Mr. Ford hired the least talented coaching staffs in the universe, some of whom were in fact aliens who'd never seen the game of football before being hired, and put them in charge of his team. And the years of decline and losing began.

Since taking over the Lions after their good years. Detroit has lost roughly half of its population. People think it's because of industrial chaos. Not on your life.

No, my friends. It's a little-known fact that, one by one, people have left Detroit because they are disgusted with the Detroit Lions.

There was only one mistake. The planners thought that only poor people would care enough about football to leave, and they wanted poor people to go other places, and have a nice city full of well-to-do people. They just didn't realize that only middle class and upper class people could actually, you know, *afford* to leave. And that middle and upper class people had gone to colleges and had become fans of the game of football. So they left instead.

Folks, that was never the plan. Poor Mr. Ford's team tried to do more for the city than anyone thought possible, and was successful in its mission, having done more than any other NFL team to discourage people from moving to a city.

Except the mission backfired. :) But there are other good things about the Lions.

Is there another NFL team that can boast of its best all-time running back retiring because he lost interest in the game of football in the prime of his career, and saw no future for his team? Only the Detroit Lions, whose star Barry Sanders retired in 1999. You might think this is bad, but think about this - maybe Barry Sanders won't have as many problems later in life from hit after football hit! The Lions may have saved his life! There is real generosity of spirit at work in this team, a team selfless enough to encourage good players to retire early.

Is there another NFL team that year after year inspires children to do their homework because their parents can say to them, "Do your homework or you might wind up on the Detroit Lions."

No, my friends, this is a special team, that has done so much for a special city, that I am almost moved to tears. Almost. ;)

Haha, well said Les!

Ask any Michigan native during the off season, up until about the third game, and you'll get this response - "this is gonna be their year." The rest of football season is what we in Michigan refer to as "draft preparations."

I'm kind of pulling for the Broncos. Just want to see that OLD GUY with the bum neck - Peyton Manning - kick some booty! Couldn't believe the Colts let him go!
:D

Of course I cheer for TWO teams every weekend... The Broncos and WHO EVER is playing the Raiders. ;) Last week was a good week, not often it's one in the same! :D

I can tell who is NOT the best..........Titans. They're hard to watch this year. The only upside is that Kate puts on her Jersey & yells "TOUCHDOWN TITANS" on the rare occasion we do score.

Houston and Atlanta would be the obvious choices, but I don't think they are as dominant as their records would lead us to believe. There is a lot of parity this year in the NFL which makes it interesting to watch (except for that Seahawks/Cardinals game). Any given Sunday.

as much as it pains me to say it: don't bet against Brady/Bellichick OR Manning right now. I'd put my money on one being the AFC champion.

It's been a tough couple of weeks for the Ravens - beaten by both the Squeelers and the Deadskins....

Come on now don't hating on my beloved REDSKINS
301210_258162947539395_3519382_n.jpg

Who do you think is the best team in the NFL this season?

Records as of this morning:

Atlanta 11-1
Houston 11-1
Denver 10-3
New England 9-3
Baltimore 9-3
San Francisco 8-3-1
Green Bay 8-4
Chicago 8-4
Indianapolis 9-4

Houston at 11-1 has yet to get hot this season. They are going into a monster Monday Night game at New England. They usually wilt on the national stage, so a win here would be a huge statement. On to New Orelans!

Fixed (a part of) it. Who wooda thunk?

Last edited:
Come on now don't hating on my beloved REDSKINS

We Patriots fans are LOVING your REDSKINS right about now. Thanks!!!!

Doesn't matter a bit what team is best right now. Only what team wakes up on February 4 having won their game the night before. Just ask the NY Giants, aka Jersey/A.

Back