BEST Steve Vai interview EVER!!!!

Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
This has got to be one of the BEST and inspirational interviews I have ever heard from a musician! Steve Vai fan or not, listen to this interview!! KILLER stuff and an excellent reflection of many feelings I have had my entire life!!!

https://fb.watch/ftcnavBIB7/

If that link does not work for you, do a search on the web for Steve Vai interview with Emerald Guitars (oh please, don't send the forum police after me), it is worth the search!!!!

Solidify your inspirations, not your egoistical fantasies!!!!!

MW

Even people who do not care for Vai's music would really benefit from listening to his interviews... "inside the music" would be a good descriptor. During lockdown, his "Under It All" series on Youtube helped keep me sane. A deep dive into thought and life experience, not only how it relates to music but how it relates to everything. The man is a guru, no joke. He'll never wear that banner himself, but he is an incredibly wise and deep thinking person, whether you are a musician or not.

I hadn't seen this interview, thanks for posting it!

Nice, I'll check it out. Have been actually listening to the new Vai album the last few days, so I'm in the mood for more Vai! Thanks!

Vai is seriously under-rated and I know he's rated highly! The work he did with Zappa was insane- and of course his solo stuff can melt your brain. His training is so deep and his understanding of theory, song structure and making incredible, unique tone is off the rail.

Back