Best Santana Model Ever

Louisguitar

Hi,
over the years there have been some reissues of the guitar that PRS made for Carlos Santana in the 80s. The Santana Signature guitars model l, ll, lll, Brazilian, MD, Retro and West Street LTD are all fascinating and beautiful instruments. What I would like to ask you is which is in your opinion the most effective edition from the sound point of view and which are the ones with the greatest collector interest.
In short, the version that most stimulates your desire to own it.

West Street Limited for both your questions.
Ditto for me. I’ve got a ‘97 Santana I, a DC-22, and a Westie. And had a KL-33 and two newer Santana’s (‘15 and ‘18). I would have liked to hang on to them all, but I needed to meet some life goals, at the time I moved those last 3. Hands down, all awesome guitars, but the Westie is just a smidge more.

West Street Limited for both your questions.

Ditto for me. I’ve got a ‘97 Santana I, a DC-22, and a Westie. And had a KL-33 and two newer Santana’s (‘15 and ‘18). I would have liked to hang on to them all, but I needed to meet some life goals, at the time I moved those last 3. Hands down, all awesome guitars, but the Westie is just a smidge more.

Hands down....... THIS !!

Best. Santana. Ever.

TPYBuLB.jpg

IM9hDac.jpg

OUo2meW.jpg

ZST8LAf.jpg

QqoudAT.jpg

That is a bad ass guitar. I love the mahogany back. Since you weight relieved the body, what does it weigh?

No idea...I’ll have to check sometime. That top and back were super dense/heavy, one of the reasons I decided to go with a semi hollow. Even with that, I’m guessing it is still well over your weight limit.

Back