Best rock song of all time? JUST 1! Go!

The only problem I have with "Stairway to Heaven" is that it's more than just a rock'n'roll song. That's why I stuck with what I consider "pure" rock songs.

So, for example, I consider Rush the greatest pure rock'n'roll band ever, though there are other bands that I like more, but they're not really "just" rock'n'roll (Pink Floyd, Yes, Mike Oldfield, Vangelis, etc.).

I do consider other songs by Led Zeppelin "pure" rock songs (Black Dog, Good Times Bad Times, Heartbreaker, Living Loving Maid, etc.), just not "Stairway to Heaven".

I stopped after "Rush the greatest pure rock'n'roll band ever"!

All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix

Tied for first place. epic. the context is very important.

number one of all time to me means a song that changed the way I think about things, How I feel like Suddenly i see with the eyes of god, in its whole, But with amazing guitar woven into the context. A near approach to enlightenment.
All along the watchtower Jimi version and the Hotel California,
Just made me go into some sort of hypnotic dream state at 21 yrs old, asking who are these people how do they know all this stuff, what's happening, Who am I. :confused::cool::eek: Mind blown. of course there's 10 close ones right behind. but there can only be one,

I listen to the hotel California at least once a week I'm probably up to 10,000 listens. I'm still trying to figure it out, The warm smell of Colitus Rising up in the air,............you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave, ............into the one of greatest guitar solos of all times.

I listen to the hotel California at least once a week I'm probably up to 10,000 listens. I'm still trying to figure it out, The warm smell of Colitus Rising up in the air,............you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave, ............into the one of greatest guitar solos of all times.

Isn't it really a duet? :eek: <run away>

Hard to narrow it down, but anything on side one of Zeppelin IV should be considered.

Apologies, Mick, I gotta change my pick.

Meat Loaf, “Paradise By the Dashboard Light.”

Last edited:
Back