Best rock song of all time? JUST 1! Go!

I’m pretty sure that it’s universally recognized that Stairway to Heaven is the greatest rock song of all time. But I think Hotel California would come in a pretty close second.

The only thing universally recognized here is that none of us have enough guitars. Other than that, its up for grabs.

What he said. I've seen numerous guitar magazine polls where Stairway doesn't finish first.

80s rock stations played ‘satisfaction’ and ‘sympathy for the devil’ so much i couldn’t listen to the stones again until 2003. and even then only brian jones era.

so i guess i’m saying, the best american band was velvet underground because they invented a whole genre.

The only problem I have with "Stairway to Heaven" is that it's more than just a rock'n'roll song. That's why I stuck with what I consider "pure" rock songs.

So, for example, I consider Rush the greatest pure rock'n'roll band ever, though there are other bands that I like more, but they're not really "just" rock'n'roll (Pink Floyd, Yes, Mike Oldfield, Vangelis, etc.).

I do consider other songs by Led Zeppelin "pure" rock songs (Black Dog, Good Times Bad Times, Heartbreaker, Living Loving Maid, etc.), just not "Stairway to Heaven".

I'll give it a 9.5 for originality, I am only deducting points for the wardrobe. :D
What?!?!?

Methinks you are not familiar with rock history, if wardrobe is a criteria.
rhcp-socks-e1486068079706.jpg
23d6807b.jpg
2b77dd76aa68e560247f555bcfed169f.jpg

What?!?!?

Methinks you are not familiar with rock history, if wardrobe is a criteria.
rhcp-socks-e1486068079706.jpg
23d6807b.jpg
2b77dd76aa68e560247f555bcfed169f.jpg
Chili Peppers get style points but no bonus because they had fewer tats back then, Angus is always a 10 in those schoolboy shorts, and Axle, well Axle can't even fill out a plaid shirt well enough to score above a 5. :cool::p:D

Back