Best rock song of all time? JUST 1! Go!

No one has said it. Everyone is afraid to say it thinking that we'll go Wayne's world on them. But the fact remains that THE best rock song of all time is

Stairway to Heaven
I was going to go there, but since you did I can pick another. SMOOTH!

Oh Well Part 1
Boom Boom Out Go The Lights
I Want You To Want Me
Who Do You Love?
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Radar Love
(head explodes)

Last edited:
Satisfaction.
There isn't any doubt.
It totally defines what a "Rock" song should be along with what a "Rock" band should be.

This is the song that enabled Rock music.
Has all of the elements ... great riff, great lyrics, attitude ...

And, it was recorded ~55 years ago. Think about that, 55 friggin' years ago. Now listen to the original recording, preferably, really Loud and after imbibing copious amounts of your choice of libation(s).

Last edited:
Satisfaction.
There isn't any doubt.
It totally defines what a "Rock" song should be along with what a "Rock" band should be.

This is the song that enabled Rock music.
Has all of the elements ... great riff, great lyrics, attitude ...

And, it was recorded ~55 years ago. Think about that, 55 friggin' years ago. Now listen to the original recording, preferably, really Loud and after imbibing copious amounts of your choice of libation(s).
Yeah, that was my pick too - seemed like the most obvious call in the world, but I guess there's no accounting for taste. Before Satisfaction, there was rock 'n roll, rockabilly, country, blues, but that song defined ROCK. it was the first and still hasn't been topped in my opinion. It was actually recorded more like 53 years ago (May 10, 1965 - three days before my 6th birthday...). But, yeah, that's a pretty damn long time ago. And it still holds up - doesn't sound old or dated at all except in the sense that it's always been there...

-Ray

Back