Best resaler?

Harry Brookes

I live in myrtle beach, who is best online sales for a custom 24. I would like it setup with 9's for strings.
Thanks, Harry

Harry,

There are many if you google, some more reputable and willing to offer deals than others. The one most folks work with is for both new and used items is www.reverb.com

Will let others chime in with their personal experiences regards individual dealers...

For new items, Sweetwater.com is MAP priced (industry minimum pricing). There are smaller retailers online. Guitar Center is also a decent source for used deals. Google or Bing is your friend.

For something more detailed, visit this section:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/forums/authorized-prs-dealers.64/

Last edited:
Harry,

There are many if you google, some more reputable and willing to offer deals than others. The one most folks work with is for both new and used items is www.reverb.com

Will let others chime in with their personal experiences regards individual dealers...

For new items, Sweetwater.com is MAP priced (industry minimum pricing). There are smaller retailers online. Guitar Center is also a decent source for used deals. Google or Bing is your friend.

For something more detailed, visit this section:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/forums/authorized-prs-dealers.64/
Thanks, I can kick myself I lived in annapolis for 30 years!!

Thanks, I can kick myself I lived in annapolis for 30 years!!

And had not considered a PRS during that time, if your stay was during the 80's? I think past regrets are self-defeating. Embrace the present and future with cautious optimism. :)

And FTR, blue guitars can be awesome, if that's what you have on order.

Last edited:
To be honest I wouldn't worry over much about best dealers for this or for that beyond price and reputation. You go with the big names, like Reverb, GC, Sweetwater etc, goin be fine. I say this because the set up is something I would tackle myself anyway. Especially strings, height and so forth (basically anything other than digging into electrics!). I bought my S2 from Amazon. It came perfectly well set up for me and I put 10s on and away I went. And I have been in love with it this past two years!

I’d do my window shopping on Reverb, just do a search for the model you’re after. That way you’ll get to see what a bunch of different shops have in one place. If/when you find one that grabs you, call the shop that has it and they’ll usually work out a better deal than what they can do on Reverb.

Good luck :)

Reverb isn’t a dealer. They’re like eBay—a marketplace for others to buy and sell instruments. You never buy from Reverb, you buy through Reverb from people and businesses that sell there. If you see a guitar you like there from a dealer, it’s usually a better deal to negotiate directly with that dealer.

You’ll also notice that prices for new are set at MAP. That generally means you can negotiate.

Call dealers and talk with them. Find the combination of price, service, and availability that you like best.

Reverb isn’t a dealer. They’re like eBay—a marketplace for others to buy and sell instruments. You never buy from Reverb, you buy through Reverb from people and businesses that sell there. If you see a guitar you like there from a dealer, it’s usually a better deal to negotiate directly with that dealer.

You’ll also notice that prices for new are set at MAP. That generally means you can negotiate.

Call dealers and talk with them. Find the combination of price, service, and availability that you like best.

Concur. Reverb is a great resource for viewing potential sales...contacting the seller and negotiating price is an option, especially if "Best Offer" is included in the listing.

Concur. Reverb is a great resource for viewing potential sales...contacting the seller and negotiating price is an option, especially if "Best Offer" is included in the listing.

I would add that it’s better to call the shop than use Reverb’s messaging system for cutting out the middle man. With private sellers I might want to keep Reverb in the middle depending on trust level, but with reputable shops calling them directly is always the better way to go. I’m guessing Etsy like eBay strongly objects to making deals outside of their service, but there’s nothing illegal or unethical about it. Reverb’s only interest is their profit margin, and they just priced themselves out of their own cut for a lot of folks :)

I would add that it’s better to call the shop than use Reverb’s messaging system for cutting out the middle man. With private sellers I might want to keep Reverb in the middle depending on trust level, but with reputable shops calling them directly is always the better way to go. I’m guessing Etsy like eBay strongly objects to making deals outside of their service, but there’s nothing illegal or unethical about it. Reverb’s only interest is their profit margin, and they just priced themselves out of their own cut for a lot of folks :)

This is true. What I was trying to say was that the "Best Offer" option regards Reverb allows you to stay within Reverb and still negotiate price. Checking with the shop may be allowable since many sellers are retail shops themselves, not just individual sellers. In the case of individual seller, it's then necessary to work within Reverb, since negotiating on price may conflict with Reverb policy.

FTR, if there is no conflict with policy, any buyer can do what he prefers, just so when policy is in effect, both buyers and sellers adhere to that. It keeps Reverb both an honest and safe place to do business.

Back