Best PRS for Nickelback-type sound

...we decided that we'd do a Nickelback song recently (how you remind me) ...surprisingly, it's extremely well received in the local club scene around these parts...

Duh, Ya think? LOL That's a great song and one of their most popular songs ever. Mass appeal. Very good choice! ;)

Timely because we decided that we'd do a Nickelback song recently (how you remind me) against all of our collective better judgment just because we needed to add a few thicker songs for some of the places we play. There is nothing hard to play in that song at all, but surprisingly, it required a level of tightness amongst all of us to sound good.....way beyond what I'd have expected. Also surprisingly, it's extremely well received in the local club scene around these parts...

Definitly, all of the stops in that song. From the player standpoint not very technical at all, but all those stops are what build that song as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cQh1ccqu8M
And I think the part that brings the most to the song is at the 2:39 and 2:59-3:04 mark. That's strength. Yea, there's a chorus, but those dramatic stops are just as much of a hook as the chorus itself.

Nickelback really?

I have no problem with Nickelback, apart from the creepy songs("Follow You Home") and the downright Horny ones(that are downright stupid, like "Animals"). Music, Rock especially, should be about more than sex, drugs, and alcohol. but their ballads are some of the best in Modern Rock.

I have no problem with Nickelback, apart from the creepy songs("Follow You Home") and the downright Horny ones(that are downright stupid, like "Animals"). Music, Rock especially, should be about more than sex, drugs, and alcohol. but their ballads are some of the best in Modern Rock.

"Animals" was supposed to be a joke people either took too seriously or absolutely loved actually.
Those kind of songs really wouldn't have kept coming from the band if they didn't chart so well to begin with from
the start with "Figured You Out," another song that lyrically was a joke when they were testing the music out itself on the Silverside Up tour.
As for their ballads, yea, they do a killer job on those.

I love Figured You Out, it's one of those careful what you wish for songs that too often comes true.

Back