Best PRS Dealers?

It's difficult to find a PRS authorized dealer that isn't doing it right... because if they are not, they don't remain a PRS authorized dealer.

So, expect a range from good to outstanding.
One dealer in my town is beyond terrible. The other is great. Who do I tell?

Surprisingly there aren't any dealers with a decent stock of PRS around here. I probably would have to drive to the Bay Area. I did just purchase my first PRS guitar from Dave's Guitar Shop and am very pleased. Detuned D'addario strings, good setup and perfect intonation once I tuned the guitar to pitch. It's only an SE and bought used at a very reasonable price. So if this cheap guitar is anything to go by, assuming it got a once over judging by the inspection card, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a more expensive instrument from there.

Very impressed with the guitar in general, I imagine most forum members are used to the quality of PRS instruments.

Surprisingly there aren't any dealers with a decent stock of PRS around here. I probably would have to drive to the Bay Area. I did just purchase my first PRS guitar from Dave's Guitar Shop and am very pleased. Detuned D'addario strings, good setup and perfect intonation once I tuned the guitar to pitch. It's only an SE and bought used at a very reasonable price. So if this cheap guitar is anything to go by, assuming it got a once over judging by the inspection card, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a more expensive instrument from there.

Very impressed with the guitar in general, I imagine most forum members are used to the quality of PRS instruments.

Dave’s “used” guitars are a deal. Aside from a blemish not pictured, the guitar I got was practically new.

My PRS dealer closed down as the owners retired. Glad there's a thread like this as 2018 is a new guitar year for me!

I've been fortunate to have consistently great experiences with the following:

James and Ted, Guitar Store Seattle (local dealer) - fantastic guys who love music first
Jim at Guitar Resurrection - a gentleman and a scholar! Don't let the 'retro' web site put you off
Brian at Brian's Guitars - well known master of ceremonies all things PRS
JD at Guitar Mav - one of the most responsive and nicest guys on the planet!
James at Willcutt - another gentleman and scholar!
Several folks at Daves - ordered my acoustic remedy cases through them
Jeff and Brian at Righteous Guitars - tell'em what you want and they'll help you find it!

I find it best to pick up the phone and introduce yourself and your situation - they are all good at helping you focus on what really matters and deliver good recommendations to fit your needs. Some are more willing than others to do trades, so don't be shy about asking - they've all been patient with me! Think of them as your partners to help guide you on your personal music adventure.

Jack Gretz at Northeast Music Center has given me the most amazing customer service experience I’ve ever had. If there’s an issue, he deals with it with PRS same day. I’ve bought an awful lot of guitars from him.

Jack is the best vendor I have for my studio business.

He’s also an experienced luthier, and his setups are terrific. I’ve found his repair work to be spot-on, with original parts, and he’s careful with the instruments. So it’s been great for that reason as well.

I've been buying amps and guitars from Jack since 2002. PRS, Mesa, ESP, Dean....you name it! He's also done all of my setups, refrets, fret dressings, nut replacement, and even some esoteric guitar wiring. Can't say enough great things about Jack!

I have bought two Artist Package guitars online from Willcutt and have been to Brian's Guitars several times. I was at Brian's Guitars last week and Brian and Graham helped be buy a Private Stock 594 by not only being extremely knowledgeable and helpful but Brian gave me a more than fair price on a trade in so I could get the Private Stock I wanted. Like several have said, you really can't go wrong with any of the PRS dealers but I would shop at either of these stores again and again.

I recommend Wildwood Guitars in Louisville, CO. I bought there my 513 in 2011. Bruce Beard, responsible for sales, is a very fine guy. Good pricing, excellent set-up.

Jack Gretz at Northeast Music Center has given me the most amazing customer service experience I’ve ever had. If there’s an issue, he deals with it with PRS same day. I’ve bought an awful lot of guitars from him.

Jack is the best vendor I have for my studio business.

He’s also an experienced luthier, and his setups are terrific. I’ve found his repair work to be spot-on, with original parts, and he’s careful with the instruments. So it’s been great for that reason as well.

I second Les’ comments on Jack Gretz. Top tier, quality dealer.

You can’t go wrong with any of these recommendations...but Brian is my go to guy.

Just got a 594 from Brian, outstanding service, and a great guitar.
Bought many from wildwood over the years, always deliver, Bruce is great.
The guys at Seattle Guitar Store are all great.

I'm in upstate NY, and we have Parkway Music in beautiful Clifton Park. They always have a nice selection of PRSi to choose from. The owners are Matt and Tom, and they are both great musicians, as well as being great human beings. Over the years, I have bought many PRSi from them, as well as some other choice guitars, amps, and whatever else you can think of...it's my favorite store. They're on the web, check em out if you have time. They'll work with you, and it'll be a positive experience!

Just picked up another PRS through Willcutt Guitars down in Lexington, KY...great shop, free setup and quick shipping. They have never let me down to this point!

I'm in upstate NY, and we have Parkway Music in beautiful Clifton Park. They always have a nice selection of PRSi to choose from. The owners are Matt and Tom, and they are both great musicians, as well as being great human beings. Over the years, I have bought many PRSi from them, as well as some other choice guitars, amps, and whatever else you can think of...it's my favorite store. They're on the web, check em out if you have time. They'll work with you, and it'll be a positive experience!
Another upstater here, and I totally agree. Parkway Music is just about the very best... no, make that THE best music store I've ever known. No joke. Super-knowledgeable staff, a very friendly environment with zero pressure, a superb repair department, along with good and fair prices. Wonderful selection of electrics but also a great acoustic selection, plus well-stocked keyboard, sound and drum departments, too. Oh, yeah. They also always have a good supply of PRSes on hand as well as various other interesting finds, guitar-wise. Check them out on the web.

Recently had a great experience buying a PRS through Moore Music - a "top 10" PRS dealer. Call and ask to speak with Rob Arnold - nice guy, knows his guitars, and will take care of you.

Bought two at Moore's from Rob. Had 15% discount code for one and a 20% moving the store code for the other.

Usually if you sign up for a giveaway or something they send a 10-15% of code to ya.

Back