Best "New" Music?

dcm_guitar

We can all see popular music changing. I grew up listening to guitar centric music (I'm guessing a lot of us here did also). Guitar driven music seems to be dominated by older bands.

What's "new" (or newish) that's guitar-centric and you really like? Where's the list of bands that you have to hear?

I love my playlist(s), but I'm TIRED of my playlist(s).

Let's hear some suggestions!!!

That Greta Van Fleet outfit is pretty good. Loved Plant’s recent interview comments about the singer.

Last edited:
Personally when I’m in a playlist rut, I try to go find a 50s hard bop record I haven’t heard yet. Currently on Sonny Rollins’ “Way Out West.” Sonny in particular always teaches me something about phrasing and timing.

If you want something outside of the Rock genre, I've become a big fan of Chris Stapleton. Good bluesy/country sound, with some pretty good guitars.

Blackberry Smoke just dropped a new album. They're probably my favorite "new" band right now, although they've been around for a while. Southern rock, blues, hard country, acoustic, they cover a lot of territory with not a lot of radio recognition unfortunately.

They've already been mentioned, but Black Stone Cherry just had a new album come out. Fellow Kentuckians that I'll be seeing live (for the fourth or fifth time) next month.
I finally discovered Rival Sons a few months back. Really dig Scott Holiday's playing.

Search outside of the U.S.A. ..,or even inside the US

There are so many bands out there you just need to do some searching

+1 for Partybaby (paging @LSchefman !!!) and Greta Van Fleet, and if you like harder rock, Tremonti and Alter Bridge. Good picks guys.

I'm a nut for The Darkness. Guitar everything, flashy leotards, falsettos, cranking Marshalls.

Back