Best new home for 85/15?

Stoptail22

El PRSidente
I've a set of 85/15 pickups here. There were originally in a 2015 Custom 24, and the owner wanted to swap them for some exotic handwound pickups. So I had the chance to buy them.

Now it's my idea to put them into a 2009 Mira Maple Top or a 2008 McCarty Korina.

Would anybody please give me an advice what will be the better combination? I mainly play classic rock music. Sorry, but at the moment I have no pictures because I'm currently on the hunt for those guitars.

Just my opinion... I believe they would sound very good in the McCarty. If you want that classic rock sound that isn't so unwieldy.

I
Think they would sound very good in a PRS I own.............seriously, I have an old Mira and the stock pickups are really great in the all mahogany combination. I vote for the McCarty, unless it`s a 594. They shouldn`t be altered, or you might be struck by the ancient Egyptian Curse of the Syphlitic Flea. Very bad.

I have them in a 2015 CU24 30th Anniversary guitar. They sound great.

So I'd consider the Maple Top Mira quite suitable, since it, too, has 24 frets, a maple top, and a mahogany back and neck. The similarities in materials and pickup spacing should work very well.

I'm not saying the McCarty wouldn't work, I'm just saying I don't know if it would work as well.

Back