Best lockdown purchase

I spot the locking saddles on that suhr. I bought a set as soon as they came out from Wilkinson and put them on my EJ strat. They're great!

There great I had bought a set for my Charvel 2pt before I got the Suhr. They have them for the PRS Bridge now as well, I don't really need them for a PRS but I want to put a set on just because lol.

There great I had bought a set for my Charvel 2pt before I got the Suhr. They have them for the PRS Bridge now as well, I don't really need them for a PRS but I want to put a set on just because lol.
I didn't know they had PRS size now. I haven't checked back since I got mine

I haven’t bought any guitars since lockdown because I bought a Taylor 914ce V Class in January and a Silver Sky in February but I bought a BAE Hot Fuzz, Fishman Aura Spectrum, LR Baggs Reverb, Wampler Tumnus Deluxe and an Origin Effects RevivalDrive in the last 2 months. That was over $1,500 in pedals so I figured I better calm down for a while but now I’m gassing for a Martin CEO 9 or 7.

I love my SE One, which came to me at the start, but my best purchase has been a full suspension 29er. I've spent more time on trails since March than I have for the last four years. I'm even loving my hardtail again. My commute has dropped from almost two hours a day to under a minute, leaving tons of early morning weekdays to hit the trails.

I've dropped about 20 lbs, too.

The SE One adds almost 9lbs!

Still waiting on the best purchase...then again, what I’ve got so far probably boils down to ciders and sours. Mrs would probably call the bubble collection the best purchase...Sergio would probably agree.

Waiting on four new windows and a wide body door. I killed a lawn mower, but it’s been hot enough that the grass hasn’t really grown, so I haven’t had to pick up a new one - not likely to make the best purchase list.

Still waiting on the best purchase...then again, what I’ve got so far probably boils down to ciders and sours. Mrs would probably call the bubble collection the best purchase...Sergio would probably agree.

Waiting on four new windows and a wide body door. I killed a lawn mower, but it’s been hot enough that the grass hasn’t really grown, so I haven’t had to pick up a new one - not likely to make the best purchase list.
My gas mower died last year. I got it fixed and left it for the back yard duties. For the front yard grass I got a non-powered push mower. Good but different

My gas mower died last year. I got it fixed and left it for the back yard duties. For the front yard grass I got a non-powered push mower. Good but different
Mine was cordless, but before it died it took 8-12 batteries to do the whole yard. Modern batteries shouldn’t need more than one extra charge to finish it.

Last edited:
My first PRS : my 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24. I’d been saving up to purchase one but the Covid19 outbreak hit so I was putting it off because both me and my fiancée were out of work for months (I still am out of work). One day my fiancée saw me looking at this guitar again on my laptop screen and told me "are you just going to keep staring at that guitar? Go ahead and buy it. We'll work things out". I've really fallen in love with this beautiful guitar. I've also done a review on it here on the forum if anyone would like to check it out.
bnCVA2f.jpg

My first PRS : my 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24. I’d been saving up to purchase one but the Covid19 outbreak hit so I was putting it off because both me and my fiancée were out of work for months (I still am out of work). One day my fiancée saw me looking at this guitar again on my laptop screen and told me "are you just going to keep staring at that guitar? Go ahead and buy it. We'll work things out". I've really fallen in love with this beautiful guitar. I've also done a review on it here on the forum if anyone would like to check it out.
bnCVA2f.jpg
Looks like you made a great choice... fiancée included!

2 garage door springs, not by choice. Ugh, why do they always break at the absolute worse time?
Speaking of springs, I remembered that I did buy something musical just as lockdown was starting, a Bigsby soft spring for my 6119TR. For such a simple mod, it makes a huge difference with control and both of my Bigsby guitars now have them installed.

bnCVA2f.jpg
Awesome!

Back