Best Live Album?

My first Rush album, and still my favourite live album of theirs. "One...two...buckle my shoe..."
Rush Fans...There have been many bootlegs, but I recently found a couple "live" Rush recordings (CDs) at a local Maryland "FYE"...all from around 1980...some good, some not so good quality. Some really muffled mixes...

Rush Fans...There have been many bootlegs, but I recently found a couple "live" Rush recordings (CDs) at a local Maryland "FYE"...all from around 1980...some good, some not so good quality. Some really muffled mixes...

There are a lot of these radio broadcasts coming out for a large variety of bands - something w/the copyright law over there. As Bill said, a very mixed bag - I just heard samples from a 1979 Kiss show, and they were awful sound quality. I did pick up a couple early Rush ones that sound great - ABC 1974 and Beneath, Between & Behind from Cleveland, I believe. But be careful with these - I saw another Rush live one called Ohio 1975, I think, which is the same as BB&B. There are some interesting ones out there - Boston from their third album, Joe Walsh & Glenn Frey from 1993, early Kiss, and a bunch of Zappa.

I need one from a gig I attended. I found a couple from that year, but Geddy doesn't start to sing during the reggae riff that serves as an intro to Working Man. But from what I remember, he did most of the first verse while still playing the reggae riff...

It was at the Capital Center during the Hemispheres tour, I think. I saw that one and the Permanent Waves tour. By the time Moving Pictures came out, they were too big and I couldn't attend any more.

Also, there was something wrong with either the synthesizers or the patches on the guitar pedals during part of Hemispheres, but it sounded glorious...

Yeah, you must've been either the night before or the night after my first Rush show.

This one is kind of obscure and generally available on on vinyl. No "official" CD versions have ever been released, but you can find bootleg versions out there.

"SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST" -- Ted Nugent and The Amboy Dukes. Recording over two nights at a theater in Detroit in 1971. It is raw and energy-driven with great versions of "Papa's Will", "Prodigal Son" and others on it. This one remains an all-time favorite of mine.

Back