Best Hard Case Option?

Jack

Looking to get a hard case for my 2016 S2 Standard 22. It's the double cut one.
The gig bag is nice, but the closet I keep all my guitars in is a bit tight so I'm worried about injuring it squishing it in and out between my other hard shell guitar cases. The big rectangle cases won't fit in the space so I'm looking for a more form shaped one. I'd love to know what has worked for you! Thanks!

I DID say that didn't I. Let me add that I'd like to pay less than the guitar itself cost, ha ha. If it were a cello then that price makes sense! :D

SKB Injection Molded Guitar Case, PRS Shaped Interior, TSA Latches with wheels (3i-4214-PRS)

I have several of these cases above, they are water tight, dust tight, all around fantastic case.
And when I have taken my guitars in the past to the dealer for some work, no need to carry the heavy case, it has wheels on it, and you pull it like luggage.

Here is my 2016 PRS S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow, same shape as yours in its SKB case.
Expensive yes, and as the old saying goes, "buy once, cry once."

10.jpg

Corey, the OP said a rectangular case won't suit his purpose. That is indeed an excellent case, though!

I'm told that Hiscox makes a very nice guitar shaped case for PRS, but I haven't seen it in person. It looks similar to SKB's standard form fit cases, but the materials and construction are said to be a step up.

Those SKB waterproof cases look a lot like Pelican cases. Priced similarly, too. If you could find a used Pelican Long Gun case, you might be able to outfit it with some custom molding.

I built my pedal board to fit in a Pelican 1600. It's a pretty serious case.

Those SKB waterproof cases look a lot like Pelican cases. Priced similarly, too. If you could find a used Pelican Long Gun case, you might be able to outfit it with some custom molding.

I built my pedal board to fit in a Pelican 1600. It's a pretty serious case.
I have one of those big sturdy pelican's for my rifle!
But, it's rectangular and won't fit where I need it to unfortunately. The bigger space is occupied by our various snowboard cases, ha ha. Tiny city living!

The PRS one would be my first choice if I had the space. Same price as the Mono Vertigo I'm considering as "at least better than" the gig bag it came with.

Back