Best Guitar I ever played.

This PRS that I bought is so amazing.
I have never had so much fun playing a guitar.
I would almost like to put a band on the road. I have some of my chops back but this guitar makes me feel like there is nothing I can play wrong.
I should have had one of these 40 years ago.
I can't say enough.
I have to get a new computer and start recording again... All because of a guitar.

This PRS that I bought is so amazing.
I have never had so much fun playing a guitar.
I would almost like to put a band on the road. I have some of my chops back but this guitar makes me feel like there is nothing I can play wrong.
I should have had one of these 40 years ago.
I can't say enough.
I have to get a new computer and start recording again... All because of a guitar.
Yup, there are few things that can motivate us to play more than we did before. A great guitar is one of them. Thank you PRS!

Do you like the PUPS in your 2018 Mcsoapy? I changed mine and I must say, the guitar is still too muddy and dark for my taste. Any suggestions or do you like a darker/warmer sounding guitar?
You know... I saw your post earlier today, and I was perplexed indeed. The 594 Soapbar to me covers a lot of ground. On many guitars I spend quite a bit of time on the bridge pup. I am also usually setting the tone pots cranked all the way up.
The 594 Soapbar gets the same tone pot setting, but lately I've been playing in the middle switch position.
This guitar has been a go to since I got it, and I have zero desire to change the SD Antiquities that are in it.
Everybody's ears are different of course. Interesting...

Welcome @Glennyj ! Your revelation is easily the common denominator around here. We’ve all experienced it.
Except for the not knowing what it is part. :) It's funny though, that we know most of them so well we take it for granted. But just last week one of my buddies tried a PRS and fell in love with it. Didn't have a freakin clue what model it was! LOL. I asked him several questions and he didn't have a clue... we finally got in the ballpark by the price tag... but it was so different from his normal (LP and Firebird) the couldn't remember fret count OR control layout. Just that it was the smoothest playing, best feeling guitar he'd ever played, and he had a hard time leaving it even though he knew he couldn't afford it right now.

Talked to him last night. He pointed out that for example, with his Gibson it says Les Paul Custom on the truss rod cover, and while there are many models of that, that is "brand" and "model" right on the guitar headstock and truss rod cover. With PRS guitars, they say the brand on the head stock, and some say "Custom" on the TRC... but he's used to the "Custom" being a model of Les Paul, and with PRS it's IS the model... Custom 22 or 24. Some PRS don't say anything on the TRC.

So, I'm asking him questions and he was amused by the fact that he was drooling over this guitar, and didn't even know what model it was. I asked him if he was going back to play it again this week and he replied that he was afraid too. LOL Obviously that means he wants it and is trying to figure out how to get the cash. ;)

I wish I could just buy your friend that PRS.
I picked up and played it... 2 seconds later I was thrilled.
I get it. I haven't played in 10 years and suddenly I was laying down licks Steve Vai couldn't keep up with.
Amazing guitar.

Now you really want laugh. This s 22/24 came through with a floating bridge with a whammy bar. I have never used a whammy bar. I would almost like to try it. BUT...
I really don't like out of tune guitars.
I may have to buy a second one if they have a guitar with a fixed bridge and no springs.
I don't know. I'm so old school.LOL!
What ever guitar your friend was looking at was totally awesome. Lend him 200 bucks.
Smile.

Now you really want laugh. This s 22/24 came through with a floating bridge with a whammy bar. I have never used a whammy bar. I would almost like to try it. BUT...
I really don't like out of tune guitars.
I may have to buy a second one if they have a guitar with a fixed bridge and no springs.
I don't know. I'm so old school.LOL!
What ever guitar your friend was looking at was totally awesome. Lend him 200 bucks.
Smile.
If you like a single cut with 22 frets there's this...

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/model/s2_singlecut_2019

I like it. I'm going to go buy one tomorrow.
I just got a small shipment of PRS strings in. They seem to be the exact ones I just changed out.
This guitar was screaming before I put the NYXL 10/46 strings on. Now I have these PRS strings.
Sunday morning. I'm going to pray. Then I'm going to change these strings out faster than a speeding bullet.LOL , anyone remember the original superman TV series?

Dave as usual, you are one of the BEST.

I like it. I'm going to go buy one tomorrow.
I just got a small shipment of PRS strings in. They seem to be the exact ones I just changed out.
This guitar was screaming before I put the NYXL 10/46 strings on. Now I have these PRS strings.
Sunday morning. I'm going to pray. Then I'm going to change these strings out faster than a speeding bullet.LOL , anyone remember the original superman TV series?

Dave as usual, you are one of the BEST.
Yeah, I remember that show, Lol!
They make a semi hollow version of that single cut as well, looks lovely. Lots of people love the Vela too. Both solid and semi hollow.
https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/model/s2_singlecut_semi_hollow_2019

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/model/s2_vela_2019

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/model/s2_vela_semi_hollow

I do love me some hardtail/stoptail.
Happy shopping!:)

Dave are an undercover agent for PRS.
You know more about these than they do.
You are so COOL!

Dave are an undercover agent for PRS.
You know more about these than they do.
You are so COOL!

Lol!
I'm just a junkie, and an enabler like everyone here!:p:D
@Glennyj, you've revealed something pretty quickly that we all have known for a while...Dave is pretty cool! :cool:

Shameless Enablement would be a better title for these boards. Just sayin’...;)

To keep up with the Joneses...err, Matthews...I recommend not being afraid of a tremolo on a PRS. Was I a trem fan before PRS? Hell no! But PRS taught me to trust their design cues and final product. To me, any model that has both trem and stoptail versions sounds - and feels - better with the trem. There’s a (psycho?)acoustic character that drives the guitar with a trem. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a good dive bomb like anyone else, but that’s not what I do. The trem gets used as spice would in a soup. And I’ve written a bunch of stuff that would not be the same id I didn’t play it with one of my trem-equipped PRS models. When setup and maintained right, a PRS trem will stay in tune beautifully.

With that said, the Vela is one beast I’d least want a trem (it only exists as a Vernon Reed artist model) because part of its magic formula is that plate bridge. If leaning toward a Tele-like vibe (only “like”, it’s not a Tele clone at all) strikes your fancy, but hate the ashtray bridge and flippin’ sharp height screws on a vintage T, then checkout the brilliant innovation PRS put into the Vela. Then if you get an itch to move in a different sonic direction, swap the bridge pickup and enjoy. I would be compelled to load a TV Jones Classic in the bridge if I didn’t already have that need covered, just to see the Vela shine in a different light. I’ve got a Duncan Antiquity hummer in there now and I couldn’t be happier. Combine a semi hollow design and ancient, exotic woods and the Reclaimed Limited Vela Semi Hollow is darned near the perfect guitar. Plus, it weighs nothing!

Go check out the Vela.

OK. I changed out some NYXL 10/46 strings that Guitar Center had.
I put on these PRS signature 10/ 46 strings. THESE STRINGS SCREAM!!!!!
My guitar is back to where it was. I love it.
Now I have to put a band together, start recording, write new songs, start touring.
I was trying to retire. This guitar is really messing with my head.
If I do that I don't mind the money for nothing thing, but the chicks for free could be big problem.
SMILE!!!!

OK. I changed out some NYXL 10/46 strings that Guitar Center had.
I put on these PRS signature 10/ 46 strings. THESE STRINGS SCREAM!!!!!
My guitar is back to where it was. I love it.
Now I have to put a band together, start recording, write new songs, start touring.
I was trying to retire. This guitar is really messing with my head.
If I do that I don't mind the money for nothing thing, but the chicks for free could be big problem.
SMILE!!!!
Awesome!

Back