Best Guitar Cable ?

...Zzyzx OFC professional noiseless with magnetic snap jacks - the actual Jack is head to the end of the cable with earth magnets so you never stress the end of the cable. Jack snaps of noiselessly. Never tangle...

I think they went out of business a few years back. A local shop had a couple in a bin, with an accessory pack of extra plugs. I think I got two 15' cables and a bag of 10-12 plugs (longer 1/4" for strats, RCA, XLR, USB, 1/8") for about $25.

I've been using them with one of my groups ever since. I've been pretty happy, and like the option to throw on the 1/8" to play music from my phone/tablet if needed. I think they sound comparable to my Mogami Golds.

Apologies in advance - I'm sure this information is here somewhere but...

Can someone explain the difference between the "silent" cable and the normal cable ?

Thanks

Can someone explain the difference between the "silent" cable and the normal cable ?

Thanks
I think the silent cables short signal to ground unless connected.

Thanks
As mentioned, there is a spring pin on the jack that shorts the circuit. The reason for shorting the circuit is so that when you change guitars with the cable plugged into the amp you won't get the loud buzz and crackle.

I always had cheap cables. I didn't believe in the hype. Out of curiosity, I tried a mid-priced Boss BIC-15A because I have a Sweetwater card with 0% interest for 24 months, it was like nothing. I noticed the tonal difference! It was definitely an improvement! I am not sure if I would go for one that is more expensive than this though. I'm already okay with what this offers.

Last edited:
All the cables I have fall in the 25-27 pf/ft range for a 12 ft length to 1st buffered device or amp. I typically use an old and no longer made Sommer Grindycop Beast (who came up with that name?!). It is quite flexible but the outer layer is a bit tacky/sticky and prone to tangling.

The PRS/Van Damme with the silent plug sound like they might be better from an ease of use standpoint.

I bought some Monster Rock cables and few Monster patch cables back in 1999 when I worked at Guitar Center. I still have all of them, and they all work just fine. The only reason I bought'em was because I got them at wholesale.

These days, I think I'd go with Planet Waves American Stage for my long cables if I had to replace my Monsters. The Donner patch cables with gold ends cost me $21 for 6. They work well enough to hook my pedals together!

Ive started just making my own this way I can get exactly what I want as far as connectors, lengths, and if I want a specific color. I order all of my stuff from Best-Tronics.

And im digging the hell out of the SquarePlugs there so low profile, Back of my Rack(not the cleanest but my OCD was satisfied LOL) and the back of my FC-6 for my Exp Pedals

IMG-8607.jpg

IMG-8436.jpg

Rather than investing in a new wireless system, I spent a lot on a new guitar cable from Henriksen Amps. It is gossamer and they have a patent pending on it. It really seems to transmit great sounds - but I could not afford a second one. :)

Regards, Scott

Wow! For that I hope it’s solid gold in tone :)

Hi,

You are right. That's the way I felt at first. But I was disappointed with the wireless system I had that actually cost more. So I sold it and tried the chord. The sound is great. But, as I said, I can't afford another one. :)

Regards, Scott

Back