Best Concert You've Been To...

I have many favorites, but first my top favorite:

Eagles - September 2008. Unfortunately I never got to see them with Don Felder but I'll take what I can get! Joe Walsh is my main hero and of course he played his @ss off at that show. Best live tone I've heard by far.

Other favorites:

AC/DC on the Black Ice Tour
Aerosmith on the Honkin On Bobo tour (my very first rock concert)
Lynyrd Skynyrd on the Rebels and Bandeleros tour
REO Speedwagon on their latest tour (not really a name)
38 Special opening for another band I can't remember

The best show in my life was also Humble Pie, ELP, Johnny Winter And at the Wabash college gym, May 1971. I got in to the second show that night, HP rocked the place, ELP stoned the place and Johnny AND woke the place up approx. 4:30 a.m.! It was a truly unbelievable night! Changed my life forever!

In this decade Mark Tremonti at Austin's Fuel Room in a show where he used one of my pedals :)

The others when I was young

Muddy Waters Blues Fest Chicago at Navy Pier I think it was 1978

Super Bowl of rock at Solder Field ( 38 special REO Speedwagon Journey Lynerd Skynard Ted Nugent )

Van Halen at the international amphitheater before I had ever heard of them

Best for me was the Beastie Boys. It was part of a music festival years ago, and I can't recall seeing another act give off that much energy. No pictures, but I have fond memories.

For me it was Phish New Years Eve 1993 (Worcester, MA), my 19th birthday. It was the most energized concert I've ever been to, absolutely insane. I have the recording of the show and it still kills me. A very close second place would have to go to front row for U2 on the indoor leg of the Zoo TV tour (around the same year, same place - the Centrum in Worcester).

Probably top 5 were all different Rush shows...Signals was really great along with Grace under Pressure shows...Kiss in makeup during one of the last runs before fake members joined in...Little Big Town opened for Sugarland and the vocal harmonies were astounding...and my wife gave me permission to marry Jennifer Nettles...old Priest shows and the like at the old Capitol Centre...used to love seeing the roof through the trees from 495/95...great venue...have a piece of the building in my music room...still has great vibes...Queen with Freddie 5 or 6 times...he was the Ultimate Entertainer...Def Leppard with a whole drummer (sorry...couldn't help myself)...Return to Forever last time at Merriweather with Al D.

SRV: Boston October 6 1984.
Bonamassa: Philadelphia Nov 13, 2011
Many others that were great...those were the best.

Black Sabbath last night kicked major ass! And the fill in drummer is amazing, I will have to google him to see who regularly plays with.

Tommy Clufetos on tour, right? He's Ozzy's current drummer, and he was touring with Uncle Ted a few years ago. He's made the rounds a bit, IIRC.

Paul McCartney @ Miller Park on July 16th, 2013. 3+ hours of amazing music.

This is a tough one. I've seen some good ones.
Best sounding Show. 38 Special, I saw them with Honeymoon Suite many years ago.. maybe 1986 Knoxville, tn also in Johnson City Tn and in Roanoke, Va.
Best Stage Show Alice Cooper 1990 in Ricmond Va
Best Guitar Solo Stryper, Loudness and TNT.. TNT guitarist Ronni Le Tekro- 3 Guitars Top Hat and a Magic Wand. it was Cool. Knoxville 87 or 88
Ozzfest 2000.Main Stage:
Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, Godsmack, Static-X, Incubus, Methods of Mayhem, P.O.D., Queens of the Stone Age, and Reveille,
Second Stage:
Soulfly, Kittie, Disturbed, Taproot, Slaves on Dope, Shuvel, Primer 55, The Deadlights, Pitchshifter, Crazy Town, Pumpjack (started August 4),Apartment 26
Getting into the Blues these days.
Tab Benoit at the Jewish Mother this year
Albert Cummings at the Capitol Ale House in Richmond.
Albert Castiglia at Pocohontas Park Chesterfield.

but My Favorite of All Was Y&T at the Baltimore sound Stage Last Year. 2 and a Half hour show.
They've been my favorite band since the early 80's

Here's a few of my favorites:

First concert - Rush in Maple Leaf Gardens - Toronto - it was the Signals tour so had to be around 1982
Blues Traveler, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Neil Young - Canadian National Exhibition - Toronto - Aug 19, 1993
Kiss Reunion - Las Vegas (MGM Grand) - They were ending the first reunion tour on Halloween - I think it was 1996

Rush - Time machine tour at the Minnesota State Fair... that was really, really good. It was the best of the 4 or 5 Rush shows I've been to since the Presto tour.

Queens of the Stone Age - The Quest in Minneapolis. It's was a smaller venue which made the show particularly rad. They played the 400 bar in Minneapolis with Dave Grohl (TINY joint)... I wish I could have seen that one.

Rage Against the Machine - Alpine Valley in Wisconsin. This was the second show of their reunion tour (the first was in NYC). Tons of energy and a great vibe (QOTSA opened and kicked serious ass).

Pat Benatar - Ribfest in Minneapolis... okay, maybe not the best, but she's a guilty pleasure and I did enjoy the show.

Now I need Zappa Plays Zappa to come back to Minneapolis.

I'm sure there are plenty that I'm forgetting, but whatevs.

I can count on two hands the concerts I've been to. I loved them all for one reason or another, and I can't decide a fave. I'll just name them all... Iron Maiden w/Twisted Sister, Van Halen w/BTO, Whitesnake w/Great White, Aerosmith w/White Lion, David Lee Roth w/Poison (Steve Vai OMG) , Britney Fox w/Slammin Gladys (small club in TX, got a pick from Billy Childs bassist for BF) , Metallica w/Godsmack, Motley Crue w/Guns N Roses (when they were still good lol), Kiss, Linkin Park w/Korn, Stone Temple Pilots w/Meat Puppets, 3 Doors Down w/Hoobastank and Shinedown, and Primus (unbelievable, almost 3 hours just them).

Dream Theater at Gigantour 2005 in Pittsburgh
Rush 2011 in Pittsburgh
Get the Led Out 2004? - Johnstown

Looking forward to Brit Floyd and Alter Bridge in the next 2 months!

First concert: Journey, shortly before Escape was released and one of the early shows with Jonathan Caine. Billy Squier opened.

most memorable: Peter Gabriel, So Tour in Hamburg, Germany, 1987. He ended the encore with Biko and turned the mic to the audience before leaving the stage. The whole audience kept singing long after the music stopped, the lights came up and people were walking out of the arena. The singing continued down in the subway station and onto the train. Unbelievably powerful. Gabriel was still falling into the audience then during Lay Your Hands on Me and since I was dead center with about 5 people b/w me and the stage, he went right overhead, pulling on my hand to get himself further into the audience.

other greats: first Rush show (signals tour), Roger Waters The Wall in 2010, any David Lindley performance, The Musical Box (Genesis recreation band from Canada), California Guitar Trio, Oingo Boingo with The Tubes at my college, Springsteen at the LA Colliseum, Yes, Dire Straits, so many . . .

almost forgot: Santa Barbara Blues Festival in 1987/8; I got to meet John Lee Hooker and shake his hand.

I made out with my girl on a picnic blanket at one of Donna Summer's last concerts at Ravinia like, five years back.. That was fun.

Back