Best Concert You've Been To...

Mikegarveyblues

Cream Crackered
Which are your favourite concerts that you've attended? Share your pics & stories. Any concerts you still kick yourself for missing out on? Who do you still hope to see?

One concert I just missed out on was the Gilmour led Pink Floyd at Earls Court in London in 94. Although i've seen Roger Waters twice which makes up for it. He'll be taking The Wall to stadiums through next year and I thoroughly recommend it!

7999106630_64f886065f_b.jpg

7999102149_5d70574776_b.jpg

7999086556_45843420fd_b.jpg

7999069894_fa6b3f3375_b.jpg

7999052107_9ce6772b79_b.jpg

7999046006_367e6745fc_b.jpg

7999029672_8e4051cbf0_b.jpg

Another concert I went to recently was Joe Bonamassa. Great player and puts on a good show!

Couple of tunes I recorded whilst seeing him in Liverpool earlier this year:

Hope I get to see David Gilmour before he hangs up his guitars for good!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been to several hundred concerts in my life and the 3 that I would have to say were the best would have to be Foo Fighters, Santana & Kid Rock.

Bill Frisell at Rams Head on West Street in Annapolis was the best show I've been to.

Countless shows but the ones that stand out as extra special to me were Iron Maiden on the Powerslave tour, KISS 1979, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Van Halen 1980 Invasion tour, and Michael Schenker on his first solo tour in 1980.

One I missed and really wish I had seen.....I had tickets to see Ozzy in Hartford and Randy Rhoads dies in a plane crash a week before the show.......I was majorly bummed...saw him months later with Brad Gillis playing but was NOT the same.....

Smashing Pumpkins at Miami Arena in 1996. Also the loudest show I've ever been to. If only there were pictures, that venue practically did cavity searches upon entry, haha.

Santana 1979. Epic in so many ways. Ways I will never tell you guys about in a public forum. ;)

Stevie Ray Vaughn and the Fabulous Thunderbirds at Merriwether in the Mid 80's from the third row in the pit. The highlight was when Stevie sat down with a double neck guitar playing the lower neck with his brother playing the top neck of he same guitar standing behind Stevie.

Countless shows but the ones that stand out as extra special to me were Iron Maiden on the Powerslave tour, KISS 1979, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Van Halen 1980 Invasion tour, and Michael Schenker on his first solo tour in 1980.

One I missed and really wish I had seen.....I had tickets to see Ozzy in Hartford and Randy Rhoads dies in a plane crash a week before the show.......I was majorly bummed...saw him months later with Brad Gillis playing but was NOT the same.....

Iron Maiden... Wouldn't mind seeing them!

You've made me want to dig out my Live In Rio DVD! But work calls...

Rory Gallagher - Ulster Hall, Belfast -1984
David Gilmour - Royal Albert Hall - 2006
James Taylor - Dublin - 2011

David Gilmour -
n35klx.jpg

Last edited:
ZZ Top, Wolverhampton Civic Hall, October 2010, next best was Davy Knowles on the Isle of Man in July 2011. Bon Jovi, Van Halen and Ugly Kid Joe in Newcastle June 1995 was also awesome, Van Halen blew away the headliners :)

ZZTop.jpg

2011-07-02221029.jpg

So many good ones! But the one that just pulled me in the most ever was Jane's Addiction at Eastern Washington University in about 1990. No reason to think it was going to be a great show, but everything just worked that night and it was magical.

I apologize for not having a formal introduction yet. In short my name is George, I live in Eugene, Oregon, turned 60 last birthday love to play guitar and only recently found a couple of PRS guitars I could bond with. I'll try to stop being a lurker in favor of being a member.

When I read the title of this thread it brought to mind a very small concert in Cumberland, BC. Around 2003 my wife and I were staying in Parkesville and while shopping in Courtney she sees an ad for tickets to hear a flamenco guitarist. We decided to go and found ourselves in a converted church someone was trying to create a music venue in. There were maybe two dozen folding chairs and a wood stove. Robert Michaels and two other guys accompanied him. I'd never seen playing like that from six feet away. It was just WOW! After a couple of hours he told me he was just getting warmed up but that was all they could use the building for.

Hey Tacomadriver, welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your story!

I've been to some more intimate concerts with great musicians. It really is wonderful to be right up and close to someone who is a master of their art!

NO pics, but I do have the board tape of Robert Plant & the Strange Sensation @ the Ryman here in Nashville. AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Back