Best Concert You've Been To...

Discussion in 'Artists & Music' started by Mikegarveyblues, Nov 30, 2012.

1. ElrytNamrogo

ElrytNamrogo My name be scrambled

Toots & The Maytals back in '01 or '02 at little bar called The Bottleneck in Lawrence, KS. I had been listening to a lot of reggae at that point in my life and loved the older stuff. Toots and The Maytals were so far distant from me, I never thought I would ever see them in concert. Then one day, I heard they were coming to this tiny little bar in Lawrence, KS of all places. Tickets were cheap as hell and I was up front at the stage watching one of my favorite reggae bands....man I wish I could go back to that time.

2. alantig

alantig Zombie Four, DFZ

Wait - that was you? :rofl:

Where are you seeing Alter Bridge? I haven't seen anything about them being here, but I haven't looked at listings lately - just enough to get my ticket for Ghost on Good Friday!

3. CantankerousCarl

CantankerousCarl Occasionally Onery Member

I saw Sting for both the "Dream of the Blue Turtles" and "Nothing Like the Sun" tours...what a great live lineup. Omar Hakim, Kenny Kirkland, Branford, Dominic Miller.

Wish I could go back and listed with my "older ears" now because I know I didn't fully appreciate it back then in high school.

4. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Rush, about 1989. I think it was the "Presto" tour? Our town was the first date of the tour and they rented the auditorium for a week to rehearse and get the "show" dialed in. The sound and production was awesome, best I've ever seen for a big show like that. Second would be Neil Diamond about 2007, no joke.