Best Concert You've Been To...

Discussion in 'Artists & Music' started by Mikegarveyblues, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Mikegarveyblues

Mikegarveyblues Cream Crackered

Which are your favourite concerts that you've attended? Share your pics & stories. Any concerts you still kick yourself for missing out on? Who do you still hope to see?

One concert I just missed out on was the Gilmour led Pink Floyd at Earls Court in London in 94. Although i've seen Roger Waters twice which makes up for it. He'll be taking The Wall to stadiums through next year and I thoroughly recommend it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another concert I went to recently was Joe Bonamassa. Great player and puts on a good show!

Couple of tunes I recorded whilst seeing him in Liverpool earlier this year:

Hope I get to see David Gilmour before he hangs up his guitars for good!

#1 Mikegarveyblues, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015
  2. Chris528

Chris528 New Member

I have been to several hundred concerts in my life and the 3 that I would have to say were the best would have to be Foo Fighters, Santana & Kid Rock.

3. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

Bill Frisell at Rams Head on West Street in Annapolis was the best show I've been to.

4. WEDGE

WEDGE Zombie five, DFZ

Countless shows but the ones that stand out as extra special to me were Iron Maiden on the Powerslave tour, KISS 1979, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Van Halen 1980 Invasion tour, and Michael Schenker on his first solo tour in 1980.

One I missed and really wish I had seen.....I had tickets to see Ozzy in Hartford and Randy Rhoads dies in a plane crash a week before the show.......I was majorly bummed...saw him months later with Brad Gillis playing but was NOT the same.....

5. Shawn@PRS

Frank Sinatra, Merriweather Post Pavilion, 1994(ish)

6. solacematt

solacematt New Member

Smashing Pumpkins at Miami Arena in 1996. Also the loudest show I've ever been to. If only there were pictures, that venue practically did cavity searches upon entry, haha.

7. Boogie

Boogie Zombie Two, DFZ

Santana 1979. Epic in so many ways. Ways I will never tell you guys about in a public forum. ;)

8. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan DGT Player

Flogging Molly. I've seen them numerous times. No band, besides They Might Be Giants or Steve Earle, makes me happier!

9. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc “Evil” Sergio. You can tell by the goatee

Prince and the M**her*u*king TIME!!!!!! Morris Day is a world-class entertainer.

10. Buildermike

Buildermike Can you have too many?

Stevie Ray Vaughn and the Fabulous Thunderbirds at Merriwether in the Mid 80's from the third row in the pit. The highlight was when Stevie sat down with a double neck guitar playing the lower neck with his brother playing the top neck of he same guitar standing behind Stevie.

11. Mikegarveyblues

Iron Maiden... Wouldn't mind seeing them!

You've made me want to dig out my Live In Rio DVD! But work calls...

12. Mikegarveyblues

SRV... Wouldn't of minded seeing him... Or Rory Gallagher, or Gary Moore for that matter... Ton of others, Born two or three decades too late I always thought!

13. Boogie123

Boogie123 New Member

Rory Gallagher - Ulster Hall, Belfast -1984
    David Gilmour - Royal Albert Hall - 2006
    James Taylor - Dublin - 2011

David Gilmour - [​IMG]

#13 Boogie123, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  14. Twinfan

Twinfan 408 Sig Club President

ZZ Top, Wolverhampton Civic Hall, October 2010, next best was Davy Knowles on the Isle of Man in July 2011. Bon Jovi, Van Halen and Ugly Kid Joe in Newcastle June 1995 was also awesome, Van Halen blew away the headliners :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Herr Squid

Herr Squid I was severely impressed

So many good ones! But the one that just pulled me in the most ever was Jane's Addiction at Eastern Washington University in about 1990. No reason to think it was going to be a great show, but everything just worked that night and it was magical.

16. Mikegarveyblues

N.I.C.E!!!

Was that during Echoes?

17. Mikegarveyblues

I always wanted to do Glastonbury but I think i'd feel old now.

18. tacomadriver

tacomadriver New Member

I apologize for not having a formal introduction yet. In short my name is George, I live in Eugene, Oregon, turned 60 last birthday love to play guitar and only recently found a couple of PRS guitars I could bond with. I'll try to stop being a lurker in favor of being a member.

When I read the title of this thread it brought to mind a very small concert in Cumberland, BC. Around 2003 my wife and I were staying in Parkesville and while shopping in Courtney she sees an ad for tickets to hear a flamenco guitarist. We decided to go and found ourselves in a converted church someone was trying to create a music venue in. There were maybe two dozen folding chairs and a wood stove. Robert Michaels and two other guys accompanied him. I'd never seen playing like that from six feet away. It was just WOW! After a couple of hours he told me he was just getting warmed up but that was all they could use the building for.

19. Mikegarveyblues

Hey Tacomadriver, welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your story!

I've been to some more intimate concerts with great musicians. It really is wonderful to be right up and close to someone who is a master of their art!

20. crgtr

crgtr Zombie Eight - DFZ

NO pics, but I do have the board tape of Robert Plant & the Strange Sensation @ the Ryman here in Nashville. AMAZING!!!!!!!!