Best Case for Tone?

Just saying but Page and Hendrix just plugged into an amp and let it rip. As stated, if the amp is that good, why use a pedal board. Also, did you try any mass-produced amps out there as there are a TON with excellent tone.

I really thought my OP was sufficiently ‘over the top’. To such a degree, in fact, that nobody could possibly think it was serious.

Yet here I stand. Corrected.

For anyone out there still wondering, I’m just taking a piss.

Well, you're all wrong. You're treating the medium of guitar storage as though it was a subject for sarcasm and humor. I'm disappointed in all of you! The case has an obvious effect on the tone of the instrument stored within. Here's why:

Imagine a guitar case lined with the fur of Schrodinger's cat.

The cat fur may under certain circumstances be alive and affect the tone, or may be dead and not affect the tone.. You see what I'm sayin' here, the quantum mechanics conclusions are obvious. If you keep your eye on the case, the tone of the guitar will improve.

If the shell of the case is made from bits of Sir Arthur Eddington's telescope that confirmed Einstein's theory that gravity affects light, there's even more of an effect, because light affects fading of the finish; though that doesn't affect tone, it does affect one's enjoyment of the instrument in some cases.

After making many years' worth of inquiries, and after discussions with many, many physicists, I have created The Ultimate Case Machine.

I bought Schrodinger's cat; of course, it was stuffed after all these years. I un-stuffed it and used the fur to line my guitar case. I also tracked down, and bought, not only certain parts of Eddington's telescope, I acquired pieces of wood from the shipping case.

I also acquired wood sourced from relics thought to be from Noah's ark on Mount Ararat. It doesn't matter whether this wood actually comes from the ark or not, the point is that, as with the fur from Schrodinger's cat, we think it does.

Then I covered the case in paisley fabric sourced from post-Mughal shawls from India that were the inspiration for later English paisley patterns. These shawls were personally blessed by the Dalai Lama during a trip my ancestors made to the roof of the world in 1683. Hey! Everything that touches the guitar matters!

For humidification, I had humidipaks blessed by PRS himself.

This is why the case I produced for my #1 PRS has made MY guitar sound light years ahead of your marginally acceptable PRSes.

Do I have the best tone in the world? Of course I do.

Well, you're all wrong. You're treating the medium of guitar storage as though it was a subject for sarcasm and humor. I'm disappointed in all of you! The case has an obvious effect on the tone of the instrument stored within. Here's why:

Imagine a guitar case lined with the fur of Schrodinger's cat.

The cat fur may under certain circumstances be alive and affect the tone, or may be dead and not affect the tone.. You see what I'm sayin' here, the quantum mechanics conclusions are obvious. If you keep your eye on the case, the tone of the guitar will improve.

If the shell of the case is made from bits of Sir Arthur Eddington's telescope that confirmed Einstein's theory that gravity affects light, there's even more of an effect, because light affects fading of the finish; though that doesn't affect tone, it does affect one's enjoyment of the instrument in some cases.

After making many years' worth of inquiries, and after discussions with many, many physicists, I have created The Ultimate Case Machine.

I bought Schrodinger's cat; of course, it was stuffed after all these years. I un-stuffed it and used the fur to line my guitar case. I also tracked down, and bought, not only certain parts of Eddington's telescope, I acquired pieces of wood from the shipping case.

I also acquired wood sourced from relics thought to be from Noah's ark on Mount Ararat. It doesn't matter whether this wood actually comes from the ark or not, the point is that, as with the fur from Schrodinger's cat, we think it does.

Then I covered the case in paisley fabric sourced from post-Mughal shawls from India that were the inspiration for later English paisley patterns. These shawls were personally blessed by the Dalai Lama during a trip my ancestors made to the roof of the world in 1683. Hey! Everything that touches the guitar matters!

For humidification, I had humidipaks blessed by PRS himself.

This is why the case I produced for my #1 PRS has made MY guitar sound light years ahead of your marginally acceptable PRSes.

Do I have the best tone in the world? Of course I do.

That case sounds like a pain to carry around to gigs. Would you mind if I stopped by and modeled it with my Kemper?

That case sounds like a pain to carry around to gigs. Would you mind if I stopped by and modeled it with my Kemper?
You're entirely welcome to stop by to model anything I have, but at the same time I'll be very worried that the combination of of Quantum and Relativity materials, combined with a modeler, might trigger an uncontrollable nuclear reaction with the power of billions of trillions of suns, sufficient to destroy the entire Milky Way galaxy, if not the entire universe!

Imagine, if you will, a nuclear chain reaction similar to the effect of Ice Nine.

On the plus side of the ledger, we'd be able answer the question, "How does the galaxy or universe end?"

Most physicists won't live to answer that question. So in the interest of science, it might be worth it. Come on over! :)

Last edited:
I'm telling you, Paisley is where it's at.

According to one music industry insider, recording industry giants Andy Sneap and Les Schefman both agreeing that a guitar kept in a paisley case sounded as good through a ditigal modeler, as a guitar kept in any other case sounded through boutique tube amps. :eek:
:eek:
I know Les pretty well, and...he might not agree.

Some great suggestions here, but all are unfortunately wrong. It isn't materials, relicing, shape, construction, vibrational exposure or any other such technique used on your case that will enhance tone, BUT there is fortunately one thing that is guaranteed to work ...

Cat piss. You cat owners know what I'm talkin' about. All it takes is one session, multiple urinations aren't necessary or even advised, and you're set. Just let it dry, place the guitar inside, and you'll get a lifetime of mojo. As for the odor, well one quick pee isn't much so it won't be anything intense, and you'll get used to it anyway. Heck, you'll probably become conditioned to like it, as your mind will start to associate that scent with the undeniable tonal enhancement!

And if you don't have your own cat, any one will do. Just place your open empty case in the same room, leave the cat alone there for a while, and it'll do its business. A musical life changer for sure.

Last edited:

You're entirely welcome to stop by to model anything I have, but at the same time I'll be very worried that the combination of of Quantum and Relativity materials, combined with a modeler, might trigger an uncontrollable nuclear reaction with the power of billions of trillions of suns, sufficient to destroy the entire Milky Way galaxy, if not the entire universe!

Imagine, if you will, a nuclear chain reaction similar to the effect of Ice Nine.

On the plus side of the ledger, we'd be able answer the question, "How does the galaxy or universe end?"

Most physicists won't live to answer that question. So in the interest of science, it might be worth it. Come on over! :)

“It’s only a model”

I think you need a case to suit any playing style.
The one I have in mind is extremely versatile.
It's built by a guy who knows how to get the most tone possible.
His name is Justin, and it's called a Justin case...

OK that was silly... even for me...

I seriously do have an acoustic case called a Just In Case.

Yesterday I bought a guitar I have yet to play but I’ve already ordered a bunch of parts to ‘upgrade’ it. When I learn to play guitar, I want the best tone E-V-E-R.

I’ve also have ‘a guy’ who once took a photo with some dude named Alexander. He says that photo hangs in his garage and gives him a magical and unique understanding of the ultimate amp circuit. He’s making an amp for me. Says it will be 2-5 years and I cannot ask for status, despite having paid him like…. $5k…. up-front. That gives me time to build a 3-tier pedal board for my incredible tone.

All this waiting for my new amp has me wondering, should I also order a new case for my soon-to-be best-possible guitar? If so, which one guarantees me the best tone? Which color interior is best for jazz tones? Which color for rock? Do gold latches send the wrong message to my future band mates.

Thanks in advance.
I find PRS Core cases offer the best tone in the end. I haven't really heard a difference when I use the paisley case. But it could just be my ears. Or I may need to upgrade my interior.

I’m a huge John Mayer fan!

Mostly looking for The Dead and Co. tones from February 29th @ Red Rocks.
Here's a secret that no one seems to know.

You have to use a multi-guitar case for that live-touring tone. I mean, if that's what you are in to. I, myself, prefer vintage studio tones, so old tweed cases are pretty much my go-to.

It lets the guitar tones mingle, but it will depend on which guitars you put in there. Eight hours on a vibrating platen per day should be enough to get the tour bus motion simulated. Some people DIY their own which gets you like 80% the way there, but if you are serious, get a Dunning-Krueger.

Back