Best after market case

rpoce24

Just got a CE 24 semi hollow, and I can not put it down, but I am sure I am not the only one that thinks the gigbag is just underwhelming. Want something a bit more protective. It does not need to be TSA approved, can be hard or even one of those almost hard soft bags. What aftermarket cases have proven to be good fits.

All of my cases go to storage. If I take a guitar somewhere, it goes in a gig bag. Otherwise, if I were buying one, I'd get one of the PRS multi fit cases.

I’ve been using the M80 Dual case from Mono for gigs. It’s a “in between” type of case that protects the guitars in transport, and offers the bonus of carrying two guitars, straps for both, and a FlyRig 5 I carry as a backup. There is also a single version. The quality of construction with Mono has been very good. It’s a third option that offers the lighter weight of gig bags with some of the sturdiness of a hard shell.

The caveat here is that I don’t have other people handling/packing/transporting my guitars. When I did, it was all hard or ATA gear. But for normal, personal handling, the Mono has worked fine.

Both SKB and Gator Male nice hard cases at a very reasonable price.

If you’re feeling flush, the SKB PRS case is swanky!

Back