Bernie Tone

Yup, he has one of the run I was lucky enough to get my hands on.

Of course, he still sounds like himself, and I still sound...well...let's just say I wish I sounded as good as he does!

Of interest is the info that Warren Haynes got the first one. Not a bad thing to be in such company!

I`m in awe of how many fans and friends Bernie has. He`s a helluva player, and supposed has several prototypes of his signature model. I remember hearing him play an SE with 57/08`s that was a limited UK run. We can all wish him the best this year.

I`m in awe of how many fans and friends Bernie has. He`s a helluva player, and supposed has several prototypes of his signature model. I remember hearing him play an SE with 57/08`s that was a limited UK run. We can all wish him the best this year.

Yep, he has a few SE's. The proto with the cherry headstock. The one with the US pups that PRS put in when he did the experience (I think). Probably a couple of other off the shelf Bernie's and I'm sure my friend said he had a spalted maple one in his kitchen!

Few Private Stocks too and core PRS including the McCarty and a faded denim Modern Eagle he plays a lot. Sure I've seen him with a PRS acoustic too.

Probably one of the best guitar collections in the business!

It was a 53/10 version, BM SE was never produced with 57/08's
The issue is that both of those pups aren't available for an upgrade (at least in the EU). So the question is: what would the best available option for a PRS upgrade? 59/09? SC245?

BM is sponsoring the new Beast Bucker pups (by CrazyParts) which are a replica of the pups of his famous '59 LP The Beast, so one can think it should be the obvious upgrade for the BM SE..

Any suggestion ?

Last edited:
It was a 53/10 version, BM SE was never produced with 57/08's
The issue is that both of those pups aren't available for an upgrade (at least in the EU). So the question is: what would the best available option for a PRS upgrade? 59/09? SC245?

BM is sponsoring the new Beast Bucker pups (by CrazyParts) which are a replica of the pups of his famous '59 LP The Beast, so one can think it should be the obvious upgrade for the BM SE..

Any suggestion ?
Id like to hear more info on thos beast buckers. Does he actually have them in a guitar he plays?
also still waiting for the Bernie sig core model,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and wondering if there is a way I could afford one.............................

Id like to hear more info on thos beast buckers. Does he actually have them in a guitar he plays?
also still waiting for the Bernie sig core model,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and wondering if there is a way I could afford one.............................
As far I know he's using them in a couple of LPs but there's only a bad quality video on FB page of CrazyParts, with his presentation:

Last edited:
Back