Bernie Questions

Not
I’m going to enquire if the original pickups are still available and what they are.
Not the end of the world if the original pickups aren't with it, but I wouldn't pay a premium for the Seymour's. It won't have the 53/10s, they weren't offered until the year after the Bernie's came out and this advert is at pains to point out this is one of the very first released (and has a signed certificate from Bernie to prove it)

Not

Not the end of the world if the original pickups aren't with it, but I wouldn't pay a premium for the Seymour's. It won't have the 53/10s, they weren't offered until the year after the Bernie's came out and this advert is at pains to point out this is one of the very first released (and has a signed certificate from Bernie to prove it)
My SE245 has Duncan Antiquity hummers and they transformed that guitar into a dream machine. Don’t be afraid to drop coin on premium pickups..it pays huge dividends.

My SE245 has Duncan Antiquity hummers and they transformed that guitar into a dream machine. Don’t be afraid to drop coin on premium pickups..it pays huge dividends.
Yes, it's not necessarily a bad thing, specially as it would only of had the SE pickups anyway, so I think in this case a pickup swap could be a good thing and would probably be the best way of improving tone above it's 'SE' level. But Seymour Duncan Hot rodded humbucker set? I've never heard of them so I wouldn't want to be paying someone a premium just because they've been installed. I'd rather pay less and have the originals, then swap them to something of my own choice.

Yes, it's not necessarily a bad thing, specially as it would only of had the SE pickups anyway, so I think in this case a pickup swap could be a good thing and would probably be the best way of improving tone above it's 'SE' level. But Seymour Duncan Hot rodded humbucker set? I've never heard of them so I wouldn't want to be paying someone a premium just because they've been installed. I'd rather pay less and have the originals, then swap them to something of my own choice.

SD Hot Rodded set, appear to be a good entry level pickup. I’ve leant toward lower output HB’s recently, so I can boost them if needed for a “hot” sound. I guess I’m a bit vintage in more ways than one!:D

Last edited:
I have two Bernies (VS and Black) and both are great. I can't speak for the pickups however, as I'm an EMG guy and prefer 89s with coils split capabilities.

If your thinking of modding and dont have parts sitting waiting, worth having a gander at S2 single cuts too. Come with us bridge, tuners, nut and can be found for se money on the bay sometimes. Seems like now is buyers market time of year so good time to look

My wife pads the front of my undies too.

You too???!!! Here I was feeling all special...and not in the usual "Ed" :confused:kinda way either for a change...coincidence? Nope! I smell a conspiracy...yep! A it's a C-O-N-spiracy.o_O

Last edited:
Not

I didn't know bernies had a run with 5310s.

I get those sound badass!!!!#

Back