Bernie Marsden's '59 LP 'The Beast' Vs SE Bernie Marsden (new Andertons vid)

Mikegarveyblues

Cream Crackered
There's already a Beast Vs SE Bernie vid or two out there but this is the best one yet.

Bernie jams over one of his BT's using his LP and then the SE. Andertons have mixed it into one seamless take.

Bernie's 'Beast' is one of the most highly regarded of the remaining 59's out there. Everyone who has played it (and I know a couple) have said it is an amazing guitar. The SE is based on it in part. The neck profile is the same and obviously the fact that it is a two hum singlecut. However, in value they couldn't be more far apart.

The Beast does sound fantastic. But to my ears (and yes I'm highly biased!) the SE holds it's own in the company of the LP.

Listen, and see what you think...

Last edited by a moderator:
His PRS absolutely sounds great, and does hold up very well with the Beast, but I have the feeling that Bernie could make a milk carton and a set of shoes strings sound awesome!

I got the email about the new vid yesterday, will catch it later.
I had posted the previous vid and thought it was good, cannot wait to watch the new one.

very nice indeed.
on a side not I find it fun he uses the PRS strap on both guitars.

His PRS absolutely sounds great, and does hold up very well with the Beast, but I have the feeling that Bernie could make a milk carton and a set of shoes strings sound awesome!

This.

A -lot- of what you hear there is "in the hands..."

Back