Bernie Marsden SE serial number

Gary Thompson

Hi. Just purchased a Bernie Marsden se dark cherry. Absolutely lovely finish on this guitar. Sounds amazing plugged in. Could maybe do with a set up ( not sure about the fixed bridge etc) plays slightly dull near the 15th fret and upwards etc but anyway question is i registered it etc and the serial numbers are a bit confusing? Cant find it anywhere? Seen posts about limited earlier runs of 300 etc 2016/17 but not sure about latest ones?

Congrats! Everyone seems to love the Bernie model.

Unless they started something different with this run, it should be on the back of the headstock, at the bottom right in this pic:

6in-PRSSantanaSE-HeadstockBack.jpg

Congrats! Everyone seems to love the Bernie model.

Unless they started something different with this run, it should be on the back of the headstock, at the bottom right in this pic:

6in-PRSSantanaSE-HeadstockBack.jpg
Thanks i know where the number is just not how to date it?? Obviously must be a lot more than 300 made

Best way to upload pics on here??

You were almost there. The address needs to end in jpg or other image format.

40_AAE286_C11_A_4_D71_A872_23_D1_CB68117_B.jpg

The Korean line started with A in 2000. S indicates it was built in 2018. The rest is the production sequence.

PRS don't publish any actual production numbers for the SE line. The press for this latest run says there will only be 300, though.

Aw thats cool then to know its one of 300 makes it kinda special! Considering most brands are mass produced!! Love the dark cherry finish. Nearly 9lbs aswell.

You were almost there. The address needs to end in jpg or other image format.

40_AAE286_C11_A_4_D71_A872_23_D1_CB68117_B.jpg

The Korean line started with A in 2000. S indicates it was built in 2018. The rest is the production sequence.

PRS don't publish any actual production numbers for the SE line. The press for this latest run says there will only be 300, though.

PRS-Serial-Number.jpg

How do I read this serial number? What year was this guitar produced?

PRS-Serial-Number.jpg

How do I read this serial number? What year was this guitar produced?
That serial number indicates its a 2011 (L Series) which would make it part of the 1000 piece Europen only first run. I have 2 of these and 1 from the 2012 full production year.

The necks on that first limited run were slightly different PRS's standard wide/fat profile as they were scanned straight off Bernies 59 LP "the Beast". Slightly more rounded in the shoulders. The production runs from 2012 - 2018 just used the standard wide/fat profile.

Aw thats cool then to know its one of 300 makes it kinda special! Considering most brands are mass produced!! Love the dark cherry finish. Nearly 9lbs aswell.
Congrats on the Bernie, they truly are special. Those 300 were the final run and were the only ones to features a satinized neck. We need pictures of the full guitar.

Also don't forget to add it to this thread (this gold for any other Bernie's that haven't been added yet)

Back