Bernie/Core SC 594

Depends on what you mean by LP like. With the 2 piece bridge and the 4 control layout, but 594 would play more like an LP. If you mean LP tone, they both will be in the ballpark. IMO the Bernie neck is an accurate reproduction of a 50's LP.

Last edited:
Depends on what you mean my LP like. With the 2 piece bridge and the 4 control layout, but 594 would play more like an LP. If you mean LP tone, they both will be in the ballpark. IMO the Bernie neck is an accurate reproduction of a 50's LP.

Spot on.

The fact that we can even compare the two, with thousands of dollars of a difference in price, speaks volumes about how good a Bernie is.

Mine is a major GAS killer for LP’s, and to a certain degree, other PRS SC’s.

My bernie slays my 2 Gibson LP's (2012 Classic Custom & 2014 Traditional) The neck on these are fantastic and were actually measured off Bernie's 1958 LP "The Beast" I actually sold 2 SE 245's and a 50's tribute when I picked mine up. I like the SC 594 and haven't got to try one yet (I only try out new core models when I know I can afford to take it home with me).

I did make some changes to mine =

Custom Ebony TRC (changed to Ebony with MOP eagle design since photo taken)
Bone Nut (I prefer white over black on sunbursts)
Custom “Birds in Flight” Fretboard Decals
Tonerider Classic Alnico 4 Humbuckers (just because I set laying around)
Nickel Gotoh SD-90 HAP Machineheads (Pefer cream buttons to green, also height adjustable so I can tweak the angle over the nut)

Aluminium ABM Wraparound Bridge (swapped back to stock SE bridge since picture taken - better tone from original)
1 Push Pull Tone (Phase Reversal ala Peter Green & Bernie prototype)
Spraque Hyrel .022 PIO capacitor
Vintage amber bell knobs (my swap out for amber lampshade ones?)

my final words of advice( mine was originally a meant as a backup for my 2012 Classic Custom and then later the 2014 Traditionall however the Classic goes unused and the Trad soon bcame the backup for the bernie (without any of the mods done) she has done over 600 gigs and never let me down = get a bernie you wont regret it I promise.

Last edited:
Back