Ben Burnley (Breaking Benjamin) Custom PRR HB's

You're not alone.

MOAR GUITARS!

Album isn't terrible, but doesn't compare to previous ones for sound quality. However, when I saw them live it sounded great.

LOL, no not a terrible album, but the guitars just sound....horrible. Live yea, the band sounds great, but they have yet to play any of the new songs with the exception of "Failure" live. I'm hoping by the time I see them in August there are a few new one's thrown in. I gotta say I do love that they actually recognize songs from all of their albums live and don't just stick to playing singles live. That's the most annoying thing that a lot of bands do nowadays.

Am I alone in thinking the mix for this album is absolutely terrible? I understand wanting to have big catchy choruses, but between the multi-layered vocals of Ben, Keith, and Aaron it's just way too much and overbearing. It makes every song bleed together making the album kind of boring.
As for the guitars, there's no way they recorded the album with LTD's, modded or not. Besides that though am I alone in feeling like this album sounds bad? I mean the guitars are kind of incoherent 90% of the time and sound like a big sloshy mess. If it weren't for the drums and bass I wouldn't be able to recognize chord changes :/

I know what you are getting at. I love Breaking Benjamin, so I love the album. I love the songs, but I admit the recording itself is not right. Almost like they had a producer who is used to working with the current brand of pop bands. Feels like autotune here, autotune there. Is there a guitar equivalent, because if so, it sounds like it was used!!

Read those questions that they asked again, I feel like going into this interview his lips were loaded. There is obviously some major butt hurt going on between Ben and PRS, it's almost too obvious IMO. As a previous owner of both an ESP EC1000, LTD H1001, and current owner of multiple PRS guitars... they are playing sub par equipment! Ben was posting pictures of those PS baritones with pride before the sudden switch.

I don't know what happened... but I feel like someone from PRS is reading these posts. Can't you two just get along and work something out?! He has played PRS since the Saturate and has introduced many guitar players to THIS brand. It was painful to watch Ben and Jasen play those LTD/Gibson guitars live recently.

Rant over.

I'm with you. Not only did I start to play PRS because of BB, I started to play GUITAR because of BB. Not happy....

Ben produced it himself. It shows. I guess the label was not willing to pay for Bendeth again.

Back