Ben Burnley (Breaking Benjamin) Custom PRR HB's

Seeing Ben without his PRS is heartbreaking, it was him and Mark Tremonti that first made me look into a PRS. LTD's and ESP's are brilliant guitars mind and some of the ones with active pick ups are brilliant for really high gain aggressive stuff. But they are not in the same league in terms of quality or tone.

THIS +1,000,000

I've recently sold my ESP Eclipse EC-1000, a guitar that I found to be the biggest let down when it came to expected quality considering it was made in Japan. The painted on binding was uneven or incomplete in a couple places (black w/gold), the 3 way selector was always loose, and one of the pots almost fell off because it was so loose. BTW, the biggest differences between the LTD and ESP versions is that the ESP has 22 frets instead of 24 and the LTD has an extra compartment for the 9 Volt.

THIS +1,000,000

I've recently sold my ESP Eclipse EC-1000, a guitar that I found to be the biggest let down when it came to expected quality considering it was made in Japan. The painted on binding was uneven or incomplete in a couple places (black w/gold), the 3 way selector was always loose, and one of the pots almost fell off because it was so loose. BTW, the biggest differences between the LTD and ESP versions is that the ESP has 22 frets instead of 24 and the LTD has an extra compartment for the 9 Volt.

I had an ESP Eclipse Japanese Custom Shop that was made for an artist friend of mine. It was the most beautiful guitar I had an the specs were perfect for me to a T. I vowed I would never let it go. Then I got a Tremonti. It was gone within a few months. Still miss how it looked, but feel and tone were not comparable for me and thats the point of these things at the end of the day.

I just noticed this too on a few new live videos. I really hope it gets resolved. I know we'll never know the business end of things or personal workings between company/artist, but these guys were PRS loyalists and always spoke highly of the brand since day one, along with Pete from Chevelle, and it would really begin to make you wonder to see them stray...
Yeah, I hate to see life-long artists leave their brands. It's a real bummer. Unfortunately it comes down to mixing business with feelings(so it seems anyway) and then throw a little ego into the mix and things can go south pretty quick. Like you said, we don't hear the whole story(not that it's our business). I'll always identify the Chevelle sound as PRS into a Mk IV. I love that tone and mix on their albums. I'm sure most guys on this thread feel exactly the same with BB. I love the guitars on Phobia, that's my favorite mix on any of their albums. It's hard when you mix business and one's love for their guitars together. I don't think PRS or the artists probably have bad intentions or ill will when a situation begins to unfold. It's just the age old problem of mixing love and $.

I had an ESP Eclipse Japanese Custom Shop that was made for an artist friend of mine. It was the most beautiful guitar I had an the specs were perfect for me to a T. I vowed I would never let it go. Then I got a Tremonti. It was gone within a few months. Still miss how it looked, but feel and tone were not comparable for me and thats the point of these things at the end of the day.

Maybe it's because I didn't have a Custom Shop one and that's the reason I had all the issues. I just know that my ESP had more quality issues then guitars I have bought in the past that cost half of what Eclipse cost me. The bass player in one of my bands, also a guitar player, bought the same model but in a different color. He had the same issue with the 3 way selector.

Maybe it's because I didn't have a Custom Shop one and that's the reason I had all the issues. I just know that my ESP had more quality issues then guitars I have bought in the past that cost half of what Eclipse cost me. The bass player in one of my bands, also a guitar player, bought the same model but in a different color. He had the same issue with the 3 way selector.

Oh I didnt mean for it to sound like I didnt agree with you because I did. Even though it was a Custom Shop it still had its faults, most of which were stupid like cheap electronics aside from the pickups. It was beautiful, sure, but the minute I played my PRS singlecut I was like "yeah - see ya man".

I just wanted to share my experience with all the BB fans out there. Took a road trip and saw BB in Pittsburgh on Wednesday, May 13 as a birthday present from my wife!! This is the 4th time I've seen them. Ben's voice has never sounded better. The new band arrangement just works and sounds significantly better then previously. With the additional guitar player, the guitar sound is huge and deep. The addition of the backup singers really helps the live performance. I could not be happier! Had an amazing time and can't wait to see them again! It did look like Keith was playing mostly, if not all PRS doublecuts. (One of which certainly looked to be a Piezo.)

20150513_215425.jpg
20150513_220225.jpg
20150513_215039.jpg

Well, at least Keith is still representing. I hope Ben and PRS work things out, hopefully things aren't too far gone. Jasen too.

I like the song "Defeated" best of the newer tunes I've heard.

I just wanted to share my experience with all the BB fans out there. Took a road trip and saw BB in Pittsburgh on Wednesday, May 13 as a birthday present from my wife!!

You should have shouted - I could have taken you to some fine Pittsburgh cuisine.

food-sandwich.png

Mmmmmmm. Primanti's........ I usually try to hit them and Uncle Sam's in Oakland when I make it back to town, but missed out on BOTH this time. Still a fun time, though!

I know Keith is using a couple of P22's and the flat black one is a SE MM with a Ghost system installed.

Saw them in Des Moines a week ago. it hurt to see Ben with that LTD and Gibson baritone. However, after I quickly got past that, I had a great time enjoying the show. Musicianship was phenomenal considering the short time they've been together so far.

Last time I saw them live was right after Phobia came out (August 2006). For those songs (dropA#) he was playing the Gibson baritone. He must have been waiting on his PRS baritones. I know it's been said before but I really wish PRS would do a core model production of a baritone like his or Pete's.

Last time I saw them live was right after Phobia came out (August 2006). For those songs (dropA#) he was playing the Gibson baritone. He must have been waiting on his PRS baritones. I know it's been said before but I really wish PRS would do a core model production of a baritone like his or Pete's.

That is correct, right at the time that Phobia came out he was using that very same Gibson baritone for the Drop A# songs. He was however using two different PRS custom Hollowbody guitars with the BB logo on the fretboards. Pete's model that they had been designing with Pete for the years (the white single humbucker one) would have been ideal. It's too bad they scrapped it after years of working with him :(

I thought this was an interesting bump to point out. Don't know about Ben, but it seems like Jasen is fully on-board with ESP. http://www.espguitars.com/articles/1996482-artist-spotlight-jasen-rauch-breaking-benjamin

Yea....some of the things he said made me cringe. I'm sorry, but try using ANYTHING from the backwards F for playing BB's music and it's not going to sound right. Also he modded that LTD with the most popular duncan pickups, of course it's going to sound decent. It's an LTD, if he kept the stock pickups in it would sound like muddy trash

Read those questions that they asked again, I feel like going into this interview his lips were loaded. There is obviously some major butt hurt going on between Ben and PRS, it's almost too obvious IMO. As a previous owner of both an ESP EC1000, LTD H1001, and current owner of multiple PRS guitars... they are playing sub par equipment! Ben was posting pictures of those PS baritones with pride before the sudden switch.

I don't know what happened... but I feel like someone from PRS is reading these posts. Can't you two just get along and work something out?! He has played PRS since the Saturate and has introduced many guitar players to THIS brand. It was painful to watch Ben and Jasen play those LTD/Gibson guitars live recently.

Rant over.

Responses were all too predictable. And sorry, there's absolutely no way an LTD is "light years" ahead of what the boutique manufacturers are offering.

Plus, the brand jumping by certain people in the industry (Chris Canella) gets really old, really fast. He was ALL over the place ranting and raving about Jackson while he was doing Artist Relations for them. Once he went to ESP it was the same tune, different brand. I realize that's part of the job. But sadly when it's done in such a manner all you really convince me of is that you're full of crap.

Am I alone in thinking the mix for this album is absolutely terrible? I understand wanting to have big catchy choruses, but between the multi-layered vocals of Ben, Keith, and Aaron it's just way too much and overbearing. It makes every song bleed together making the album kind of boring.
As for the guitars, there's no way they recorded the album with LTD's, modded or not. Besides that though am I alone in feeling like this album sounds bad? I mean the guitars are kind of incoherent 90% of the time and sound like a big sloshy mess. If it weren't for the drums and bass I wouldn't be able to recognize chord changes :/

You're not alone.

MOAR GUITARS!

Album isn't terrible, but doesn't compare to previous ones for sound quality. However, when I saw them live it sounded great.

Back